Awning v Pop-up Gazebo

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by camocam1, Jul 30, 2013.

1. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Bit of a moan really just dropped of my MH at large holiday park in Nairn for my daughter and family for a few days
    As week not have an awning we decided to put up the gizibbo to give them some extra room for the dog etc
    When I checked in was told if you have an awning there is NO extra charge but it will be £3 night for the gizibbo
    Takes up the same space !!!! So why the charge I asked
    Don't know says the " nice " girls but that's what it says on the price list " sorry"
    Just a rip off !!!!!

2. errpaul

errpaul Funster

Always looking for ways to make extra money. Tent on the same pitch can incur additional charges and a small pop up tent is much smaller than an awning or gazebo.
    What really gets me though is having to pay for an additional charge for a car with a motorhome........how is it any different to a car and a caravan :Angry:

3. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

I can empathise with you.

We have a 4 berth Khyam Motordome Sleeper (which is huge) drive away awning and in two recently used sites attracts no additional charge to the standard motorhome charge. However, as it was quite warm (and we weren't using the sleeper bit anyway) we enquired about putting up our small pop-up gazebo,,,,,,,,,
    WHAT, a gazebo,,,,, that will be an additional £3.00 per night :Eek!: - the gazebo has half the ground area of the Khyam and is just basically a roof on sticks...... What about our wind-out awning? chirps the Wife, 'Oh no additional charge for the wind out awning' came the reply - the wind out awning is a roof - without sticks and is twice the size of our pop-up gazebo............:Blush:

When we laughed (so did the guy) it then came out that they try to deter gazebos, and the reason given is that 'they are generally used for gatherings, usually end up as drunken party gatherings,,,, and we don't want that here'.:Laughing:

Strange but true.

Regards (and just as confused)

Trikeman. :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sedge

sedge Funster

Like - you can't have a gathering (drunken or otherwise) in an awning ?

Sorry Mr Campsite Man, if you'd said that to me, I'd feel duty bound, obliged and compelled in fact, to prove you wrong about that ! :Rofl1:

5. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i could have a gathering in a 2 man tent :Rofl1: