Awning sides-Safari

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by NIC S, Apr 26, 2010.

1. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Hi I have a 5 metre Awning and have seen people mention the Safari Room ie sides and a front,I would be interested to see how these would fix to the top particularily on the sides any photos would be appreciated,Thanks Nic

2. billkce

billkce Funster

First thing, book an appointment with a psychiatrist - cos you'll need one after trying to fix these things up!!:cry:

It took us ages to get our Fiamma 4.5L to fit. Sawing bits off etc. And the Fiamma video is worse than useless. No wonder you see so many for sale!:Cool:

I reckon every safari room set up is different and it will take a lot of experimenting to make it work.

Good luck:thumb:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Five metre one is here: Fiamma Privacy Room 500 Large

Suggest you ring my lot and they can tell you everthing you need to know, ask for Glenn, Ian or Darren.

Peter

4. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Have watched people erect these fitting seems to be a nightmare, long ago decided against. As we now don't tend to stay on sites more than 2 days all that work for that time seems worthless. Its a pity as would quite have liked one.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We have one. It came with the MH , its a fiamma zip store . Its like new. Complete with snazzy curtains.
    We were going to sell it as lots of MH users said we would never use it.
    So we thought we'd have a look at it. We put it up for the 1st time in the last holiday a couple of weeks ago.
    It was easy . My husband and son did it together, without instructions. There were non in the holdall it came in:Doh:
    All you do is put a pole in the top of the side panels , then zip them to the wind out awning bit. The fact it zips on makes it a doddle.
    If you were to be at one place for a few days , its great , for the extra space. We have decided to keep it. I'm sure it will come in handy when we go to the Isle of White for a week in June. We shall be leaving the MH and using the bikes all week.
    Saying that , we are also going to invest in the light weight net sides , we saw some funsters with , at the Misterton meet. These pack away to nothing and are very light weight. You could keep them in the MH all the time. Though they offer no privacy , they cut out the wind ( for the cadac ) and give a bit of shade too.
    Bev

6. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

omnistor

Hi I'm not sure of the make of awning I have fitted but it has the large 4" sprung roller with a pull out strap in the centre and veritical extending bars fitted to the camper side at each end,the awning cover fits to the camper in a channel.my qustion is would a siutable size OMNISTOR sides and front fit to this awning any help appreciated Nic

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If it is a Fiamma or Omnistore it will have the makers name on the front bar.

Peter

8. geoffp

geoffp Read Only Funster

safari room

HI, these safari rooms are quite easy to put up for anyone with a reasonable amount of inteligence. i have one wich I no longer use(1 year old) Will sell for £400 cost new $1050 for 5 metre.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Read Only Funster

10. teensvan

teensvan Read Only Funster

Hi.
    We only fit up our safari room if we are on site for more than 2 weeks. I find it hard work now to put up due to bad health. It was easy a few years ago.

steve & ann. teensvan

11. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

its not just the putting up and taking down as after all thats not too difficult. The problem is in the weight, transportation and storage.
    We have owned two and sold them both. We are tourers, rarely staying anywhere for more than a couple of nights. We have a drive away awning as well which we find a bind. We now have the wind shade blockers and although not as good in terms of privacy, excellent for transportation and ease of putting up.

12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

There seems to be a proliferation of those wind blockers at the Peterborough show ... they must've been breeding in the MHF section! :Laughing:

I had a good look at them and they seem to be made of the same type of material as voile curtains so will probably buy some material and make my own ... can't decide whether to go for luminous pink or Tango orange! :Rofl1:

13. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

House in the way

Hi Thanks I only purchased the camper last week and with it parked by the side of my house the house gets in the way of openning out the awning fully,I will pull the camper out and take a look Cheers

14. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

You'll have an American one, probably A&E (someone correct me if I'm have a senior mo) so you'd need one for the American type.

Carefree (?) I think is another option.

15. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

400 quid for intelligence -bargain :Rofl1:

16. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Awning Make

Hi the one I have fitted is a SUNCHASER by Dometic
    Product No 958301578
    Model 834AV18400
    Serial Number 31975669
    Does anyone know if a Omnistoror Fiaami type will fit to this awning.It has a slot ruuning across the front tube that the front would slide into and has the facity to disconnect the uprights from the camper and put them as corner uprights.any help advice appreciated Nic.

17. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Are you mad? Have you seen the hills my daughter lives in Ryde I have trouble walking up the hill to her place she's only 24 & and is gasping half way up.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

18. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well
    (apart from my very poorly back at the moment:Doh: ouch )
    We are quite a fit family. We bike alot and are all slim n active :Blush:
    If we have to get off the bike and walk , we will.
    If we decide to put the fiamma down , use the MH , we shall.
    Or get a bus even .
    We dont have anything planned yet. So we may do a reccie round the Isle in the MH. Check out the hills :thumb: and save the bike riding to more local areas.
    We are going to Whitcliffe Bay Bembridge by the way.
    Never been before , any advice ?
    Please dont tell me its like Jeremy Kyle's waiting room.
    Thanks
    Bev

19. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

you will have a wonderful time in whitecliff bay I lived on the island for 9 years I'm a Grockle apparently and hubby's a calkhead, so they call islanders!!! hubby is an islander and he says the same, its a lovely spot with one of the best views on the island dont gorget to visit Alum vbay and take the cable car to the beach and the boat out to the needles!! another fabulous view, they are all around, the views that is, it's a wonderful little island not cheap to get there mind!! but look in the offers with whitelink ( the ferry )you can get a good few deals there:thumb:

20. bazfergy

bazfergy Read Only Funster

had a couple of safari rooms,by far the easiest one,is the one i have now a fiamma zip awning