awning hinged rafter

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by njc, Jun 19, 2010.

1. njc

njc Read Only Funster

Hi we are new to this and have a problem opening the door to the living area when the awning is out due to the hinged rafter we lift the rafter over the door to open & close the door can this rafter that open and closes the awning be moved we have a bessacar e425 hope all that makes sense,:Doh: thanks norm.

2. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Hi and welcome,

If it is a windout awning, the front legs should be telescopic, just slacken the holding nut, extend the legs, and retighten. This will raise the elevation of the roof canvas, and rafter, adjust until it clears the top of the door.

It is a good idea to have one leg slightly lower then the other, to ease the runof of rain water.

I hope this helps, if not, let us know, and others will be along to advise.

Nomadic:thumb:

3. njc

njc Read Only Funster

thank you

the problem occurs when we join the sides & front to the zip on the awning because we can only lift to a certain height so we need to know if the awning rafter can be moved inwards that will then avoid the door.:BigGrin:

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Some of the Swift Group motor homes do have this problem and you cannot adjust the rafter as far as I am aware but Glenn or Ian might.

Peter

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

they may be movable but the tensioner wires run through them so it would be advisable to speak to a dealer first. the tensioner wires may need shortening if the arms are moved closer together.

if its a fiamma awning give Peter (funster) a ring at Johns Cross motorhomes (01580 881288) and ask their advise...see their ad on the righthand column.

Huh!!!! peter beat me too it

6. MickL

MickL Read Only Funster

E425 shade..:Rofl1:
    Welcome to the world of Swift. I was told by Swift and dealer, that nobody had had any problems with the blind hitting the habitation door !. Well Mr. Swift, as you can see here is another one.

So what is Swifts answer to this problem

A bent peice of metal inserted in the middle to hump up the shade so that water does not puddle in the middle. Does this cure the problem.:Doh:. Well no of course it does'nt.

Ours is a 2009 model so how many more are doing the same thing. To say that you have to have one leg lower than the other is not the answer, just another way of getting by the appaling fit, which is because the shade is to close to the door.

If I seem a little angry well so be it, this is just one small problem with our E425, and still not cured.

VERY unhappy Swift customer...

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

problem is swift are limited to how high the awning can be fiited to the van due to the body panels shapes....

too high and it may not fit flat to the van side and if it aint flat it will eventuall come away.

8. njc

njc Read Only Funster

thank you

We can understand what you are saying it is a swift and will give peter a ring .

9. MickL

MickL Read Only Funster

Yes that is correct pappajohn, but when spending such a large amount of money surely someone could have told me that this would be a problem, in that case I would have had a shorter blind fitted, just coming up to the door.

It just seems to me that we (motorhomers) put up with such a lot of problems and it was a big dissapointment when used for the first time.