Avtex vs Sylvox 24 inch TV (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Looking to replace our 7 year old Avtex with a smart tv swimbo cannot be bothered with the faff of using our Firestick, we tend to watch dvd’s when abroad so this lessens the choice. The Avtex V249 TS fits the bill but at £470 it’s eye wateringly expensive, the Sylvox 24 inch 2841 Limo looks the business and it’s £70 cheaper at £399. Can’t find many reviews on either (the Avtex is a very new model). Have any of you knowledgeable folk any recommendations or reviews of either, Avtex has a 2 year warranty and renowned customer service the Sylvox 2 years as well. Thanks in advance 👍

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Never heard of Sylvox before but I doubt there's much difference in the quality of different brands of TV which probably come from the same or sister factories in China ?
I did notice the Sylvox doesn't seem to have a satellite receiver, that may not be an important factor for you though

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I‘ve got a new Avtex 24” and it’s spot on.
I can’t be arsed with a fire stick either.
I have had Avtex for years and they are fit for purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
After a lot of careful measuring I had to revise my size of tv to 22 inch because of space constraints, purchased the Sylvox 22 inch Limo model, registering interest with Sylvox UK gave a small discount of 5% with free delivery cost £331.88. Fitting it in available space necessitated fitting 1cm spacers between back of tv and the bracket so the bottom edge cleared the seat headrest cushion. (Hymer B588DL) A bonus of doing this with the spacers was it created a nice guide for the various cables between back of tv and bracket making for nice tidy tidy cable runs. Well impressed with both the picture quality and the sound, still getting to grips with all the features, well chuffed. Second photo shows the slimline tv mounting bracket and spacers. Third photo shows the old Avtex which has an 18.5inch diagonal viewing area and weighs 5.2kg, the Sylvox has a 22inch diagonal area and being almost edge to edge viewing it is not much larger physically but only weighs 3.0kg.
IMG_4747.jpeg
IMG_2945.jpeg
IMG_4743.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back