Autotrail Tracker sat nav help required (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I am hoping to go to France later this year and my motorhome is a 2015 Autotrail Tracker with a Uconnect sat nav. Does anyone know if it will have European maps on it or is it something I will have to download onto it?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Put a destination in France in and see what happens. Think you will find maps are already there. My UConnect unit is sitting in the garage on a shelf not very impressed with it.

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Yes it will be .... but just to prove it , as above , put a france address in it and see what it says

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Have a 2015 also it does work in France Spain etc in one of the settings is a list of country's also shows country flag. You have to pick country
First it will then stay on that country until you change it.
Cliff

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
As the previous poster has stated it does work in Europe, but take some sort of back up with you ie a map or another sat nav as the Connect unit is next to useless.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am hoping to go to France later this year and my motorhome is a 2015 Autotrail Tracker with a Uconnect sat nav. Does anyone know if it will have European maps on it or is it something I will have to download onto it?
It does have european maps but if i were you i would get a dedicated one where you can input your MH dimensions and save yourself a lot of time and hassle speaking from my own personal experience with the AT Delaware UConnect Built in Tomtom SatNav (Useless)

OP
OP
Blossom
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Hi, Thanks again for your replies. I never go anywhere without a map so got that covered and I have also got a Garmin sat nav, dont know if I can put MH dimensions in it, but I will check that out and it will be coming with me to France.
Thanks
Shirl's

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Blossom
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Just to update you I contacted Garmin today and was advised that with the Garmin Zumo 660 has not got the capability to input vehicle dimensions
:-( and also, if I want to upgrade the maps it will cost me £49.99, HOW MUCH.
Must have bought this just before they started giving our free map updates, just my luck. On the plus side I now know how to change countries on it :). Will just have to keep my eyes peeled for low bridges.
Thanks again for your help.
Shirl's
Edit just looked up low bridge in French and its pont bas. I now have that firmly in my memory ................ I hope :)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Shirley,
Nice to know that vocabulary but I've never seen it on a French road sign! Just look out for the normal max height signs and make sure you know the height of the motorhome!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Just to update you I contacted Garmin today and was advised that with the Garmin Zumo 660 has not got the capability to input vehicle dimensions
:-( and also, if I want to upgrade the maps it will cost me £49.99, HOW MUCH.
Must have bought this just before they started giving our free map updates, just my luck. On the plus side I now know how to change countries on it :). Will just have to keep my eyes peeled for low bridges.
Thanks again for your help.
Shirl's
Edit just looked up low bridge in French and its pont bas. I now have that firmly in my memory ................ I hope :)

Don't go to Rouen then .. They have little underpasses for cars only. Some of the poles are missing along with the chains that drop over the carriageways to warn you. If you stay in the nearside lane and don't venture into the outside lane you finish up at a roundabout which the underpass misses.

I know the hight of MH is 3.1m but can never remember it in ft and inches. If it looks low and the sign is in imperial I have to convert it. No sun visor to stick anything on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back