Autotrail tracker fb low payload (1 Viewer)

Kelly Wanders

Free Member
Feb 21, 2017
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
OK, I'm about to buy my first motorhome, the tracker fb and I found a review that said the maximum payload was 220kg, which seems rather low?

I'm gonna be living in it for most of the year so this worries me... I do need a fair few books with me and was planning on having a bike on the back, push not motor though!

Any advice? Anyone got one? Any other models you think I should be looking at... fixed bed essential as is the amount of storage.

Thanks

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes it is absurd that they sell MHs with almost no payload. If you and fuel come off that payload you could not even take a pare pair of knickers.

Only option, buy a different one.

OP
OP
K

Kelly Wanders

Free Member
Feb 21, 2017
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Yes, I'm somewhat flummoxed as I'd set my heart on this and waiting for a trade in model to come in. How ridiculous. Have you any ideas what other models I might look at, with a fixed bed and a decent payload?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nope. I got my licence before the 3.5 than came in
Well at least that gives you a few more options, basically avoid anything that describes itself as a 3500kg van as it will be on a lightweight chassis and have "B all" payload as you have found.

Martin

Reactions: f6c
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
We long term in a 4.6 tonne van . Gives us nearly a tonne payload to play with.
Having a smaller van would be more convenient for lanes etc but we haven't found many places we cant get to so far. Its all about compromise this motor homing lark (y)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
If i had your budget i would be looking for an older van that has been looked after , keep your funds saved , for any eventualities that will happen even with a newish van. You will need a winterised van if you plan to use it all year in the UK.
Just my opinion you understand (y)

decameron07

Free Member
Feb 26, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Hi don't know if this helps or will give you enough payload.

We have a Tracker FB and have had the payload increased by 150kg. I know its not much but it all helps.
It is free and your road tax is cheaper.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
OK, I'm about to buy my first motorhome, the tracker fb and I found a review that said the maximum payload was 220kg, which seems rather low?

I'm gonna be living in it for most of the year so this worries me... I do need a fair few books with me and was planning on having a bike on the back, push not motor though!

Any advice? Anyone got one? Any other models you think I should be looking at... fixed bed essential as is the amount of storage.

Thanks

Maybe an A.T. Tracker RB ?

Ample payload.

Or another with a fixed bed & ample payload :

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
We have a 2015 Tracker FB the upgrade to 3650kg is free when NEW
ONLY , We had that done at the dealers but still not enough payload
Fitted Dunlop air assist on back axle then upgraded to 4050kg through
John at Truckcon £140 or there about if you use SVTECH it is £300+
You can find his name and email etc on quite a few posts on forum
Minxie girl for sure. With 25psi in air bags it drives like a dream round the sharp French roundabouts.
Cliff

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You ll find this is topic of the month at the moment.
A few of us have absolutely messed ourselves after years of Ostrich in the sand moments and I am talking about me here.
I am in the process of uprating my 6 berth which can take a motorbike and has 450 kg of payload. Even with just the 2 of us going on holiday that doesn't sniff it.
100 kgs for wife and me (you are allowed 75 I think before payload kicks in) then accept my rough estimates
Solar 20kg
extra battery 20kg
Motorbike 102 kg
Diesel up to a full tank say 50kg
Water (as we have to travel at some stage with water) 100 kg
Toilet cassette full 20kg (sarky replies expected here)
Clothing 50kg (equivalent of 2 large suitcases plus crash helmets)

I am now over the limit
Cutlery 20kgs
Maps laptops chargers phones torches etc say 20 kgs
Ramp for motorbike 5kgs
2 pushbikes on a bike rack 40kgs
Spare wheel _ I genuinely don t know if that is added to payload or not but 20 kgs again
A third passenger !!! Wo betide having a 3rd person in a 6 berth 6 seat belted vehicle !!!!!
TV, inverter and 2 full gas tanks 30 kgs
Real Icelandic sheepskin furs 1kg (I had to get them in!!)
Duvets - one each - (loving relationship with the wife!) 2kgs
Food 20 kgs ---- OK food including bacon 25kgs
3 x 5 litre filled up water containers

Things we don't carry.
Microwave
Hairdryer
Anything on the roof like a surfboard or a canoe or a top box
Body boards and wetsuits

Now a lot of the food and cutlery and pushbikes I can leave behind. I could leave behind the motorbike. But something had to seriously give because I want to bring shed loads of wine back, so it looks like we are off to a naturist resort, just the 2 of us, with only 1 battery, no water and certainly not allowing ablutions within the van.
I have had to uprate my vehicle to 4,100 kgs or I might as well have bought ..........................a car because with about 400 kgs left, if all the passengers weighed 70 kgs that allows me to put 120 kgs of diesel and water and nothing else in the van

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
does this mean that 75kg per person is deducted from the read out if you are stopped and weighed at a weighbridge
No. The weight at the weighbridge is what counts and what is compared against the MTPLM or gross weight in old money. The stated unladen weight, calculations about what is against a particular allowance, etc. are all irrelevant at that point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back