Autotrail exhaust

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by cucola, Dec 24, 2012.

1. cucola

cucola Read Only Funster

I need to replace the exhaust tailpipe on my mercedes based 2003 autotrail cheyenne. All of the exhaust suppliers I have tried can only supply a tail pipe for the sprinter van which exits at the rear not out of the side. Can anyone suggest a supplier to approach for a replacement?

2. f6c

f6c Funster

Stainless Steel made to measure?:Wink:

3. whingyraindrop

whingyraindrop Funster

I had to replace our tailpipe early this year. Same problem with Merc supplied Sprinter pipe bending down to the rear, mine sweeping out to the side. Visited my local motor sport dealership, ie. Graham Goode, they supply large diameter competition pipes, several sizes , 90 deg. bends and swept, short and long straight lengths. Good quality pipe work for competition and road vehicles. You choose the angle away from the silencer and a short piece to exit the side of the m/home. Hope this helps. :thumb::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

There is a standard side tail pipe made for Sprinter ambulances. It exits ahead of the rear offside wheel. Not a Mercedes branded part, but it is a recognised standard part. Mine was sourced and fitted by my local HGV engineer who looks after the motorhome for me.

• Like Like x 1