Astrophotography

Discussion in 'Photography' started by kenj, Apr 17, 2009.

1. kenj

kenj Deleted User

I am thinking of doing a bit of Asrophtography the next time i use the m/home,just wonderd if any body else had done any, and if so what camera did you use. By the look of thing's it would appear that Canon's are the best with the supplied pc software,thank's

Ken

2. MaureenD

MaureenD Read Only Funster

3. kenj

kenj Deleted User

Hi Maureen,
    Thank's for the link will have a good read later,just thought it would be nice on a clear night on a small cl with no light pollution to take a few astro photo's. Just been checking out your blog Maureen very nice indeed,thank's for sharing.

Ken

4. MaureenD

Thanks Ken

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

6. MaureenD

I have a Nikon D80
    On a very dark cl/site/anywhere wheres theres no street lighting place camera on tripod point to sky put settings to Bulb and leave. you'd be amazed at the movement in the sky.

7. kenj

kenj Deleted User

Might see you on the North York's Moor's then pappajohn.

Ken

8. 656

656 Read Only Funster

Hi

I have a Meade ETX 125 PE that I have used in conjunction with my D200 and tubes. I also have a Meade LPI but the software does not work with Vista. When I had XP, I took some very good pics of different heavnly bodies (But thats another story!!!)

9. kenj

kenj Deleted User

Thank's for reply's,how do you people rate your Nikon's for long exposure,most astro site's say best camera for astro work is Canon as it handles long exposure and noise a lot better than Nikon.I did fancy the Sony a700,no live view but i intend to only use a lap top, so i dont think this should be a problem,plus a zigviewer.Also looking at Canon 40/50d and Nikon D300.

Ken