Arriving at th Chunnel early

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by gordoncbrown, May 10, 2012.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Hi. I am heading over to France at the end of June and due to a change in plans I could get to the chunnel several hours earlier. I have heard that some people have arrived early and been put on an earlier slot. Can you pay the difference when you get there to move toanearlier slot if one is available?

2. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

We turned up about three hours early and were told that we would either have to take the next train or leave the Terminal premises. We took the early train and were'nt charged any extra.

3. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

We have turned up early and been told we could get on the next train, but we have received an e-mail from Eurotunnel advising that on certain dates they are fully booked and would only be on the train which is booked, we are ok going out on 24th May but coming back on 9th June we need to stick to our timed train. Not bothered about coming back!!:thumb:

4. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

It takes us between 4 and 8 hours (depending on traffic, accidents) to get to the Eurotunnel terminal and whatever time we turn up they've put us on the next available train without any extra charge.
    The worst delay at the Terminal in 10 years has been about an hour late and that was due to an 'incident' - illigal imigrants walking through the Tunnel!

:france::france::france:

5. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

We arrived early in our crossing and were told that the 2 hour rule was being enforced. Outside that time there would be a charge.

They explained that this was a new rule but there would be no exceptions. In the past we arrived up to 6 hours early with no additional charge. It seems like they are catching up with the ferry prices we have been charged £60 for trying to get on an earlier ferry crossing. If I were you I would ring them and change the time before you arrived at the tunnel terminal, if possible.

6. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

I turned up at Calais a day early expecting to pay a surcharge but was allowed on the next train with no extra payment.
    But that was February and the train was almost empty........ June may be different.

7. Xabia

Xabia Funster

When you received your booking confirmation you should have been given a password which allows you to go into the system and change your booking on line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. billy&val

billy&val Funster

We were booked on at 6am on a saturday we went there the at 7pm
    on the Friday night and for some reason they only charged us £4 ? it was in
    November so they might not have been busy.
    Billy

9. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

coming back has never been a problem

Coming back has never been a problem.. but going from the UK ... they often turn early arrivals around... that is why they have the early arrivals area at the service station on the M20 just before the tunnel ..

Some times they want to charge more if you have a low value ticket.. i.e one for the midnight and early hours and want to go before midnight.. known that to happen.

Bob

10. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Yes our 1 way from Calais was £93 for the first 3 early morning crossings and then jumped to £183 so I doubt they would allow us on them without some more wonga?

but that is not early is it.

I imagine for the first 3 crossings that if I arrived for the first one etc I'd get on no problem

11. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

We have not had eny problems when arriving an hour or so early for the eng/france crossing. As long as you are not trying to cross in peak times for half price you will have no problems

A few years ago we hacd to come back a few days early so I contacted Eurotunnel by phone, no prob but charged me £15

Last year we came back 2 days early, we did not contact eurotunnel, just turned up at the terminal gave them our ticket and asked if they could put us on the next avalable crossing they had space on. 2 hrs later we wre back in the UK, no extra charge :thumb:
    Happy Daze
    chrisboyo