Armitages of Ferrybridge, A Frame and Smart Car Fire. (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jenny would have to prove they were Scumbags not them prove they were not.

Had she declared them to be scumbags maybe, but did she ?

>> "Could be their insurers are scumbags."

Now how long could you debate that in court ? I'd say this is a question even without a question mark. She is basically saying "on available evidence it is possible that they are scumbags but I do not know for sure".

Remarkably good spade you wield Sir.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sure anyone reading this thread will realise why so many cases come to court and why sometimes one sides lawyer cannot fathom what the other one is on about::bigsmile:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
As fun as this got, the OP may have missed the very sound advice offered by Bob to go the Civil Court route. That undoubtedly will concentrate the mind of the other party.

Good clear advice on the Direct Gov Website here

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
As fun as this got, the OP may have missed the very sound advice offered by Bob to go the Civil Court route. That undoubtedly will concentrate the mind of the other party.

Good clear advice on the Direct Gov Website here

Steve

I agree.

The only caveat is the claim must be under 5k to be a small claim.

It pays to be a little more cautious if it isn't.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
As I said a good 20 minutes debate [STRIKE][/STRIKE] or should I say 30 minutes now... at least we are debating the English language (not Essex slang)....

I know Terry what you are saying and others, but I doubt you would like a swiping statement made about your own professions .. I do not consider the actions of the Toad makers Insurance or there Solicitors to warrant the word Scumbag... They are doing the job as I would or any lawyer would.. delay and argue. It is for the person who is making the claim to push it along to get his end result.

I wish him good luck as I have from when he first reported the issues a little way back. This is not an uncommon situation in respect of delay to try and get the claimant to fold. But I just repeat it is not reasonable to use the word Scumbag... if for example the insurance company were to see those remarks (OK they are not names) then the issue of libel could arise. Jenny would have to prove they were Scumbags not them prove they were not. There are better ways to describe the delaying attics of the insurance company and there solicitors. But even if one person takes offence that is one to many.

I have made my point. I rest my case.

Bob..... now 40 minutes of the day wasted.

Had to check to see if I was right!

Scumbag
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scumbag can be:
A dysphemism for a contemptible person
A used condom

Or

1. scumbag A person of poor judgement and no class.
2. scumbag A person with no sense of propriety, decency or discretion.

Oxford Dictionary
scumbag Pronunciation: /ˈskʌmbag/
noun informal
a contemptible or objectionable person.

Well Bob if you have rested your case I offer you the hand of friendship to help you out of the big hole you have dug yourself into ::bigsmile:
Upon reading Jenny's post yet again and other posts------------
Could be their insurers are scumbags. Or their insurers solictors are ditto --------------
It has become clear to me I got it wrong :Doh: It now clearly states that they could be scumbags and not that they are==so I was wrong in thinking that it refereed only to the ones on the case :Eeek: she is merely expressing that they could be ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back