LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think you will find you can actually have your pension paid into whatever Bank account you choose to use, whether it be in UK, France, Spain or wherever.

Many pensioners actually emigrate permanently from the UK (my neighbour has just moved to live in Brittany). They will get their pension paid to a Bank over there.
Hi Bulletguy,Thats as mabe regarding old age pension,but what about disability benifits?,thats where the problem starts,and believe me there are a lot of disabled people that cannot work ever again but have a motorhome becouse for one reason or another it is the only way they are able to take a holiday.After they have adapted there motorhome to suit there needs they find that the motorhome is easier to live in permanently than there house,but cannot get rid of the letterbox otherwise they lose there benifit becouse no permanent address.Back to square one.No one has been able to give a feasable answer to this yet,but a lot of people are living in hopes.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi Bulletguy,Thats as mabe regarding old age pension,but what about disability benifits?,thats where the problem starts,and believe me there are a lot of disabled people that cannot work ever again but have a motorhome
I'm amazed at the amount that do, and often they are driving around in 6 or 7+mtr vans which they apparently have no problem with.
The previous owner of my campervan was disabled and though not exactly a huge vehicle, it has no power steering and i can think of many small cars that are a lot easier to drive and handle.

As for your benefit payments, try this;
Benefits : Directgov - Britons living abroad

Benefits are quite a different matter from pensions and i'm sure you will agree that the UK has to draw the line somewhere. After all, it's people like me who are funding these benefit payments and there have been cases of ex-pat brits living in Spain attempting to claim a heating allowance. Do you think that is right when i am getting out of bed at 4.30am on freezing cold morning, scraping chunks of ice off my windscreen, in order to go to work to help keep someone living the good life sitting on their butt in sunny Spain drawing an endless stream of benefits?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi bulletguy . yes we do !!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:if you work hard n save you could be in spain too:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Hi, Yes I would love to fulltime,but becouse I am disabled it is imposible as you need an address for your pension etc.Without the address it is an absolute imposible mission.I have asked this question on many websites and unless you have family,friends,etc that are willing for you to use there address as a care of address you cannot fulltime if you are in receipt of any state benifit.The powers that be do not allow no fixed abode.If anyone can give me a legal and bombproof answer to this issue I would be gone fulltime tomorow.

my mum and dad runs a B&B and they have done a care of address for people before for a small fee give them a email you never no

Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
who said or implied anything about benefits not entitled. people with no legs drive buses n trucks is size important. road tax is cheaper if they have a big camper its less tax they dont pay.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb: perhaps i should put my name down to be an mp. change my name to mr. c.hunt.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
People that live of the backs of others, are those that arrive here, having never paid into the system and draw benefits. Or those that have never strung a couple weeks work together.

IMO if someone has paid into the system all their lives, they should get every benefit, irrespective of where they choose to retire. And if they spend thier winter fuel allowance on air-conditioning, good luck to them, they paid for it.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
People that live of the backs of others, are those that arrive here, having never paid into the system and draw benefits. Or those that have never strung a couple weeks work together.
Of which there are countless, vast percentage being born 'n bred bone idle brit.

As for those that 'arrived here' Jim, back in the 50's and 60's they were doing menial jobs which had it not been for them the work would never have got done as brits were too lazy to get off their arses.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I'm amazed at the amount that do, and often they are driving around in 6 or 7+mtr vans which they apparently have no problem with.
The previous owner of my campervan was disabled and though not exactly a huge vehicle, it has no power steering and i can think of many small cars that are a lot easier to drive and handle.

As for your benefit payments, try this;
Benefits : Directgov - Britons living abroad

Benefits are quite a different matter from pensions and i'm sure you will agree that the UK has to draw the line somewhere. After all, it's people like me who are funding these benefit payments and there have been cases of ex-pat brits living in Spain attempting to claim a heating allowance. Do you think that is right when i am getting out of bed at 4.30am on freezing cold morning, scraping chunks of ice off my windscreen, in order to go to work to help keep someone living the good life sitting on their butt in sunny Spain drawing an endless stream of benefits?
Excuse me but how is it that as soon as someone mentions "disabled" some people immediatly assume that they are not entitled to the benifit that they so rightly deserve.I am 60 years of age,have worked as a HGV driver all my life,but 3 years ago was diagnosed with cancer,18 months ago was diagnosed with a heart problem.What do you sugest I do?,wait at home till I die,or have some fun till the inevitable happens.I asked a perfectly normal question and immidiatly I say the word disabled I become a scrounger living in Spain claiming heating allowanceI think it best if you keep your obviosly biast thoughts to yourself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back