Are the days of the motorhome numbered? (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
I suggest, Yes.

Why? Because the emissions regulations (among others), mean that the manufacturers are finding it increasinly difficult to build a motorhome that complies wth the regulations and is fit for the purpose that we are looking for.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I see a fairly long and slow decline for the diesel buses we currently drive. With a few clinging on at the end with very expensive synthetic fuels. There still another ten years left in them though.

A hydrogen fuel cell powered motorhome would be good. It could mean no need for gas or hab batteries. But it looks like the battery beat it to market and now there's not the critical mass interest.

Maybe batteries will get dense and cheap enough to make motorhomes viable? At the moment, the best we'll do is very expensive VW ID Buzz (Transporter) sized campers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I suggest, Yes.

Why? Because the emissions regulations (among others), mean that the manufacturers are finding it increasinly difficult to build a motorhome that complies wth the regulations and is fit for the purpose that we are looking for.
Yes I think the world as we know it is about Finnished we are all going to dry up in the sun and have no water to drink👍
but looking on the worst case scenario diesel prices are rising 🙂

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The market will adapt.

The CC (Caravan Club, now the Caravan & Motorhome Club) was set up at the turn of the last century.
All caravans at the time were horse drawn, what we would today call a Gypsy Waggon.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
A pair of shafts and a good hoss will soon get round this.
But then you will get fined for your hoss shitting in the street.
Any fines will not be enforced if you are travelling around with family and family friends!:cool:

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
No.
I predict that in 10 to 15 years we will have electric motorhomes with a 300/400 mile range and a 15 minute charge time.
There will be no need for gas or leisure batteries as everything will be powered by the main battery.
I do suspect that motorhomes will get smaller with perhaps PVC's being the norm.

Upvote 1

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I was thinking just the opposite recently. We’re in France at the moment and there are many more Motorhomes than caravans. The Aires are all busy but on the campsites we’ve seen mohos outnumber tin boxes.
The interest/desire is there, technology will find a way. Not before 2030 but that doesn’t matter.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
I see a market for one of these maybe out of a nuke
half life tech GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
sub

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Might as well park up & order some flower hanging baskets for the wing mirrors, plus some conveniently placed herb planters for outside the hab door.
Oh wait a minute, The Caravaners do this already, maybe they saw it coming before us.:unsure:
LES

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back