Apart from the weather. Why?

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Jim, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

OK I know the warm weather is a big draw for you guys that live permanently down in France, Spain Portugal etc.

I love the Sun, but I am also a big fan of the seasons and some of the best days ever are those late winter early spring mornings with a heavy frost, blue sky and a weak but (relatively) warm sun.

So.. is it just the weather that makes you starlings flock south? Or do you have bigger and better reasons to live outside the UK?

2. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

We had days like that when we first visited the Limousin in winter - they really are beaultiful, and being that much further south the sun has some real warmth in it:BigGrin:. Spain may be warmer still, but who wants to spend time in what is becoming one huge building site crammed into spanish campsites when there are so many beautiful places in europe. Put on an extra sweater and enjoy finding the best places - why else live in a motorhome?:Wink:

Bob and Di

3. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Why overseas

Hello

A lot of things are cheaper too - diesel, net access, food, clothes.....Does have it's draw backs though. A distinct lack of Warburton's toastie bread for instance.

Russell

4. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:RollEyes: You mean apart from:-

Politicaly correct plonkers?
    Politicians not listening to the people but feathering their own nests anyway?
    The incessant discussions about Diana and ANY of the ROYAL (????) Family?
    Religion in ALL it's various forms that creat the biggest problems in the world today?
    Ethnic minorities that have more rights and privileges than the 60 Million non ethnics?
    Chavs?
    Thieves?

Forget it. I'll be here all day. :Rofl1:

5. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

6. johnsandywhite

:Smile: It was SUNNY when we got up. Now it is cloudy again. :cry:

7. The Poor Relations

The Poor Relations Read Only Funster

better than here JSW

strong winds and rain :cry:

8. American Dream

What U been doing down there?

Thought it would be a lot brighter this time of year?

Must be warmer than here.Had a few frosts recently but bright last week.

9. johnsandywhite

:Smile: It has been very warm on and off until yesterday. Cold winds have picked up. Looks like the SUN may come out again later. Just in time to greet our Dutch friends and go for our get-together Chino in Altea. :Wink:

10. Detourer

Detourer Trader - Tour Operator

Near Malaga, Spain...........Today.........Breakfast on the terrace, blue clear sky, lunch with friends that will last all afternoon at about half the UK price. Will not have to keep checking if the car is still there, unlikly to get mugged on way home. 18 year old daughter worked 'till 2.30 thismorning [Pro Singer] and was not raped etc on way home.

Down to town hall tomorrow to pay road tax [45euro] and council tax [125 euro], water, rubbish etc...... thus bringing my total council bills for the year to 355 euro.....

And why oh why do motorhomes come down to southern Spain and stay in crowded campsites on a concrete coastline........and the MOAN about it........Brit mentality I expect.................

11. johnsandywhite

:Cool: Not me. Although I prefer to be out and about Wild-Camping. I have nothing to moan about here on Camping 'Almafra'. We DO expect bad weather at times in Spain. We have over 11 years experineces of the Gota Fria. :Rofl1:

12. American Dream

OOOh I do envy you this time of year.

You back for Christmas or staying down there until Spring?

13. johnsandywhite

:Cool: Back for Xmas and New year. Then back to Spain until whenever. :Wink:

14. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Well that list is SPOT in my view too!
    :thumb::thumb:

My bones ache like hell here in the cold and have to take endless pain killers that all have derogatory downside effects.

Would love to be in a warm climate:thumb:

Plus still have brit TV:thumb:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  15. justme AKA Grath

justme AKA Grath BANNED

Agree too

Yes, me too, I agree with your post John!:thumb:
    We have just gone too P. C. at the expense of our own!!!:cry:

16. tay

tay Deleted User

travellers are ethnic minorities and hav no rights. if you live in your van, whether you are roma, new age, middle age or retired you are classed as a traveller. travellers have a bad time in britain. house dwellers with motorhomes are prejudiced against travellers yet love the same things about being in a van as do travellers, gypsies or what ever you want the label to be. just try getting van insurance without a residential postcode.
    how many of the 60 million non ethnics (whatever that is not quite sure, we are from an island all our blood is a mixture of somewhere else) fly tip? build on green belts? fill up land fill sites that get turned into playgrounds? mug others? steal? etc etc etc? the majority of crime is done by "the majority" british public. white, racist, bigoted and thoughtless.
    if you live in your wagon you are a minority, do you know what your rights are to live without harassment from locals, police, insurance companies? do you know what your rights are to live legally in your van? do you know what your rights are to park somewhere on a public highway one night, a week, a month (as car drivers often do with their cars)?

think about what your rights are before condemning those that already know whether they have any or not.

if there are minorities that do have rights maybe its because they fought for them. what do the "british majority" that keep going on about the rights of minorities fight for? my guess is nothing. my experience shows that this "british majority" just accept whatever new law the government puts on them.

think about how much fun your motorhoming would be if you werent welcome in any village town city that you turned up in.

17. justme AKA Grath

justme AKA Grath BANNED

Minority

I do not think that travelers were even mentioned.
    But just look at the education system where the minority have more rights than the majority:cry::Rofl1:

18. tay

tay Deleted User

but saying "minorities" includes all minorities.

education system - what are the rights that the minorities have that are more than the rights that the majorities have?

19. justme AKA Grath

justme AKA Grath BANNED

Political correctness

Just look at the mixed race schools and political correctness gone mad.
    I am saying no more except that if I and my family were in another country. We would have to fit in with their ways.
    Here we have to also fit in with their ways . Something wrong I think!:cry:

20. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

But we would be on holiday and spending cash improving other countries economies:Wink:

============================================

With regard to the british majority I agree with you fully sadly :Wink:

Take a good hard look at our country now:Eeek:

BTW:- if things are so great here why are you in Spain?:Doh:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007