Apache700 SE Electric Step.

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by rclubbe, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rclubbe

rclubbe Read Only Funster

I have a 2007 Autotrail Apache 700SE and am having trouble with the electric step. When I unlock the vehicle the step usually drops down automatically. At the moment it is a bit hit and miss. When it does drop down it does not want to go back up. Even when the engine is started. The only way I can then get it back up is by pressing the internal button and each press moves it about 5 mm back in. If I do not get it fully retracted I get the continual buzzer sounding. As I am touring in Ireland at the moment does anyone know how to disable the electric step all together.

2. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

3. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Maybe try some wd40 on the joints?

4. Allanm

Allanm Funster

They do get gunged up after a while. My step started getting lazy and I mentioned it to our dealer last year. They had the van in and cleaned the step mechanism, no more problems. Occasionally when I clean the van, I jet wash all around the step mechanism and have never had a problem since

5. Scout

Scout Funster

I've just got mine fixed it's the control panel give sargent a call they're very helpful just remove the complete unit and send it to them cost is £75 and they check everything. I think they are on 7-10 day turn around
    Take lots of pictures of the wires before you unplug them all

6. rclubbe

Thank you for your help. As a temporary fix I removed the jumper links from the control unit and this prevented the step from activating when I locked and unlocked the doors. For the last two weeks, while touring Ireland we managed without the step. Now that I am back home I will remove the step and give it a good looking at!!!

7. rclubbe

I took off the step, for a good looking at, and found that everything was okay and the motor worked perfectly when wire to a battery. So I removed the EM50 unit that is behind the drivers seat and sent it off to Sargent. They tested, repaired and returned it within a few days. Everything now working perfectly.
    When the unit was returned to me it was clear that the whole pcb had been replaced and updated. The cost is a fixed price and well worth it.
    Thank you everyone for your help.