Apache 700 Vs Bailey Autograph 695 Vs Bessacarr 496 (1 Viewer)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We full timed in a Bessacar E630 for two years and have been toasty in Scotland in the snow! Never been to the Alps in it tho so not sure how it would perform there.
I agree with others - get the biggest payload you can, and up plate it if possible!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The Bailey has a max payload of 3850kg with 633kg of useable payload.

AT has a little more at 805KG. i have been offered a 700 with upgraded engine to 150bhp and media pack brand new £53750 quite a saving off list.

Don't take the payload figures they give you as gospel. Ask for a weigh bridge ticket before you accept the vehicle or failing that weigh it yourself as soon after getting it as you can. Most of the converters are well known for being, shall we say, overly optimistic when filling in weights on the CoC. Some of them just outright make the figures up.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
The latest 700's have upped the max gross to 4250, but I don't know what the actual payload is.
If you do not like the layouts of continentals, but want to survive continental winters, then your other alternative is to winterise a UK base model yourself.
An excellent description of what needs to be done is given here ... http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/winterising-the-van-fully.56213/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back