Anyone with any experience of this sat nav? (1 Viewer)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Not that particular one but I did get a cheapie a few years ago and it was very good. However the updates were a pain. The start up was forever and if you took a wrong turning, whether diversion or other reason, it took quite a few minutes to receive calculate a new route.
For the money, there's a lot of sat nav but IMO, to awkward to use, as in not user friendly and slow.
My money goes on Garmin. This year bought the 660 camper LMT. More expensive but IMO, you get what you pay for.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Lots of posts on here just look for "Chinese sat nav". This is one of many marketed on ebay.

I have used one for several years without problem it has never taken me into trouble.

There are some questions over map updates and if you ignore the possible piracy implications (@GJH) then I think they represent good value.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I recently bought the Nozatec 712 as it has double the Rom and Ram of my old model,cost was £48, came with the sunshade which is essential in an A class as such a large glass area.

It took us through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France for 3 weeks in October without putting a foot wrong.

Had the old model for over 2 years without any problem apart from the usual map update pain, now kept in the van as a backup.

The expensive Garmin stays in the car glovebox after routing us on to the peripherique in April, when travelling from Calais to Salou, absolute rubbish.

Hymie.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Personally, I would have a look in the android or I store for a free download, loads of satnavs that are better than cheapo Chinese things and always up to date.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I have the Noza Tec,when i bought it a few years ago,it cost £60 odd quid..It was a bargain then,even better now. GET it BOUGHT. It works a treat

Just on the side.i have downloaded and printed (Well,a Mates wife did..) an instruction manual,provided by a member on this forum over 60 odd pages,should anybody want a copy,be in touch. This could take a while,as i would have to send it as it is..... In a Zip??? file..
Tea Bag

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The chinese sat nav is great if you get a reliable one. The hardware is not of the best but the routing seems far better than the brand leaders.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The one linked to is the same ( apart from name ) as the £33 ones on fleabay.. As mentioned elsewhere, I bought a Goldbay and have had it on test a couple of months now.. Never put a foot wrong ( after I went in to it and deleted all the crap I was never gonna need it is quick too ! )

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've been using my Noza Tec for over three years now, and I prefer it to my old TomTom, which tried to send me through a farm gate and across a field, when programmed as a 44 Tonne Truck. :eek:

As long as you have the all important .ftr files (Truck files) in the maps, the Noza Tec will "help" to keep you safe, providing you have entered the vehicle dimensions and weights. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've had mine for probably as long as Jock's had his. IMHO It's an excellent sat nav for larger vehicles. If the vehicle's weight is above 3.5 ton it will try and keep you away from city centres favouring ring roads or bypasses. I have co-pilot, OSMand, Tom Tom and the Noza tec. For planning routes Co-pilot & Osmand are very good but a 10 inch tablet is too large for my dashboard. For navigation 'on the go' I prefer my Noza tec. I also feed the audio output into my vehicle stereo system.

After reading the above, please also be aware a number of purchasers have had problems with the screen not being bright enough to see in sunlight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back