Any Funsters stayed here?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Coolbeanz, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

http://www.campingroche.com/

Camping Roche, near Cadiz and Gibralter. It looks good on paper but have any Funsters tried it as a winter destination. 30 day rate is only €9.95 and location looks good. Any feedback would be appreciated or your recommendations for a month or 2 in Spain, we will arrive early March.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jumar

jumar Funster

Yes we have, a couple of short stays, nice site, lots of long stay multi nationals, friendly staff, good facilities, large pitches, not very shady but that's good in the winter months.
    Site is a little remote, but cycling and walking should give you chance to find all you need in the way of supplies, and restaurants. We like this site and prefer it to the others in this area. Happy travels.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

We stayed at Zahora during the autumn last year and that coast is a lovely area, lovely walks and beautiful sunsets across the sea. (y)

• Like Like x 2
  4. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Come a few more miles through Conil and towards Canos de Meca and join us at Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora. The rate at present is €285 a month if you stay for 3 months or over. A little bit more for 1 or 2 months. It's also in the ACSI book.
    You'd be very welcome!

• Like Like x 3
  5. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If you do go to Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora....

Be sure to lock up your "Gin" bottle,,,,, and any Pink hair spray you may have... (y)

;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I was looking at camping Pinar last night funnily enough. Luckily for me I don't drink gin but I am partial to the odd bottle or 3 of Soberano!! :beerchug:

After my recent visit to a french hairdresser (read my September blog!!) I don't have enough hair left to put hairspray on :doh: so it sounds like it might be the place to visit :rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  7. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Sounds like you'd fit in here in Zahora! Although by March a lot of people are starting to leave for UK. We stay until mid April and leave when it starts getting too hot for us! Can't you come any earlier???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

We are heading off to Goa for 3 months on 18th November for some super hot sun and some super hot curries at super cheap prices so we won't get there until mid March. However we then have no plans for the next few years so can go wherever.....(y). Looking forward to putting more names to faces over a glass or two :beerchug: when we arrive in March.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

San Lucar de Barrameda a smidge further down has a free aire about 20ft from the estuary. Great traditional spanish town with plenty of shops etc.
    Stayed 3 weeks may 2014. Will be back after Maroc 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  10. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

We stayed at camping roche last winter for a month. Very nice place, quiet, a little remote, and good value. My brother stays there for most of the winter in his Winnebago Journey. It's his fourth year there, so it can't be bad.

Craig

• Like Like x 1
  11. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Let us know if your calling in on us, we will go and empty mercadona vino tinto stock pile. :LOL:. Bob.