Another Toilet Thread Sorry!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by SOS, Jun 1, 2015.

1. SOS

SOS Funster

Hopefully going to make it over to Germany and France in September. Wanting to mainly stay on Aires and Stellplatz. We have a marine toilet so use a hose to drop the black waste. Are there facilities for this on Aires/ Stellplatz, how common is it? Some chemical disposal points are built too high for us to use over here so was wondering if we are going to have a problem over there.

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Some friends of ours have bought a MH with a black tank and have just had two weeks in Germany and said it was great and no problems emptying.

Martin

3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we have a black tank and shared your concerns, I initially carried a bucket just in case, but when I had to use it decided I needed a better way, not a nice thing to carry through a site

so I bought a Thetford cassette, loads for sale brand new, just bought the cheapest I could find as didn't need to match anything, carry that and as is typical have never needed it :D

not been to Germany, but France had no problem, all the aires we used had gully style emptying, you are more likely to find a problem in the UK IMO (y)

4. SOS

SOS Funster

This is all very comforting to know. We have got a cassette on board as well but just prefer the drop option! So much easier and no worries about emptying it everyday. Thanks so much.

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

black dump on aires is approx 4" higher than the road and would take a pipe no problem.

6. SOS

SOS Funster

Thanks Wildman. We have sometimes had to use Ccc facilities over here to dump our black when we have been places and the disposal point is waist height!

7. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

I'm in the same position as @SOS , and was thinking of getting one of those collapsible "pipe ramp" things that the RV people use to ensure a smooth fall from the outlet to the raised drain hole on Aires...

8. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I cannot think of an aire/stellplatz/sosta in France/Germany/Italy that we have used, where the height of the black waste point would be too high. Most points are located in the base of the bourne de service.
    Your van is a Laika after all and they are designed for the continent. The only thing I can see that might be an issue is getting close enough to some points as they sometimes have protective rails around the bourne. I guess you carry a discharge hose though?

9. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster