Another dead dometic fridge... (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2015
Abbotskerswell, Devon
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute panel van
Exp
relatively new
So my Dometic fridge freezer (RM 7605L) has died a bit.
It works fine on EHU and seems okay when travelling, but doesn't light on the gas.

When turned to the gas selector nothing happens. There's no sound from the ignition unit and the fridge light blinks like crazy.

I have taken the van ( a 2010 plate Tribute pvc) to my local caravan workshop (I am in North Cornwall).

They say that it will be one of three controller units that's died ... The igniter, the gas flow control valve or the selection PCB ... and so isn't talking to the others. Or it may be that one has died and taken one or other of it's companions with it.

Their workshop chappie said that he tried to get help from Dometic but they said that all three should be replaced, and as it's such an old model they couldn't possibly get the parts until mid July.

This will be about £800 plus the fitters time!

So... My questions are..
a) Does anyone on here have a better idea of what might be happening and how to deal with it
b) would it be simpler or cheaper to replace with a condenser fridge freezer.

We do like to go off wild Camping as well as using campsites, and the van has an underslung gas tank plus a solar panel.

Thanks folks.

Colin A

OP
OP
C
Jul 15, 2015
Abbotskerswell, Devon
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute panel van
Exp
relatively new
Not that much more for a new fridge
But have you tried cleaning the gas jet .
Yeah... Done that, but it's that there's no sound or action from the ignition unit. When we've had a blocked jet before at least the ignition was clicking away. Now nothing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back