Another couple join the club

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stevec, Jun 17, 2016.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

After what seems like years of planning we have finally retired. Our plan to retire then buy a motorhome got a bit turned around a couple of years ago when we bought our first MH but we're glad we did. Now to think about the next trip (North Wales we think, as long as the weather looks vaguely promising next week). I've not quite come to terms with not going to work ever again!

2. Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane Funster Life Member

Its surprising how quick you get used to not working. Long and happy retirement.

3. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Retirement is hard work at first but you will love it happy travels Rod

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

yes.. I found it strange.. took early retirement 10 years ago when I was 55 .. and I still find it strange..

it's not being bored or having nothing to do.. far from it.. but for 40 years I had a purpose.. I was needed, I was the bread winner.. .. it was what I lived for.. family depended on you ..

now, all that is gone and you have to adjust to the changed role... . from bread winner to .. adventure planner..

I still miss my work and my work mates.. but I don't miss the 5.30 am rise every day, nor the 30mile drive into London every day...