Another case of broken Central Locking (2 Viewers)

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve just bought a new to me Carthago C-tourer 148 LE. 2019 on the Ducato 290 chassis. 2.3/130BHP. It was a private purchase

I may a few questions for the group :whistle2:

My current problem is the central locking isn’t working. The key seems to talk to the Tracker/Alarm as I hear the set/unset beeps and the read light on the lock button comes on. I also hear a faint click from somewhere inside the dash.

Neither the hab nor the cab door operate.

The lock button doesn’t work either (but I do hear that faint click)

I’ve tried the various things recommend by t’internet (start engine a few times, disconnect cab battery for a few minutes) to no effect. I’ve checked a few fuses as well.

Any suggestions. I’m moderately teccy and have meter /ODB readers etc but they have yielded nothing so far.

Jun 27, 2016
berkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Check if you have those spring loaded contact points in the doors. Give them a clean and make sure they still line up in case the door dropped. Bit odd that it would be both doors though so this may not help but did on one of mine.

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
No visible door contacts ( or wiring conduit!) on hab door. Cab door has a conduit. No obvious damage anywhere

Were the c-tourers fitted with central locking?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
There is an aerial under the dash to pick up the remote signal. This is different to the alarm receiver

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our 2019 Compactline doesn't have central locking.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmmm. Does the cab door lock/unlock?
Only with a key, we have one with the grey sides, AFAIK it's the later ones with white sides that have it as standard so if yours is the same as ours it might not have it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Central locking is good but the downside is that when you unlock it usually means both have and cab doors are unsecured whereas with manual locking only the door we have unlocked is so when on an aire and want to open the hab door we don't have to prat around ensuring the cab door is still secured.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I or T model? Some T models retain the locking function on the cab doors but not on the hab or lockers.
Our 2019 149 LE Intergrated doesn't have have central locking either. At first it annoyed me and then thinking it through it is probably best it hasn't got. If parked up in a less than good area like parts of Brum (I can say that I live there) then unlocking all the doors means some little scrote can have access to the cab or the garage on the offside whilst you are on the hab door side.
We fitted security locks shortly after purchase to all doors and lockers when I found out how "less than good" the OEM plastic ones are so C/L would be a waste of money for us now.

Cross post with Minxy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back