Another batch of cheap 3 broadband sims. (2 Viewers)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I got my card this week from these folk. http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-12GB-of-Data
Which was a supplier someone recommended earlier in this thread, can't remember who it was but thanks. (edit: it was @s20hymer - ta muchly!)

Things didn't go perfectly smoothly, I had to chase them but they responded immediately and explained there was a glitch but were dispatching the following day. Which they did but I was surprised to see when it arrived it had been posted from Switzerland of all places! The price seems to have gone up a pound or so over what I paid but from my experience they do have cards and they are available.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I asked for a refund today too
e bay said I didn't order one and haven't bought one
are they splitting hairs?
Well did you ... huh ... did you ..... or are you just getting carried away with the frenzy for refunds and thought you'd join in!!!!! :LOL:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The seller's stated location means absolutely nothing.

They can put whatever they like. It doesn't necessarily mean that's where the item is despatched from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I wasn't implying anything sinister, I was just curious. The MyMemory folk used a .co.uk website (though they have a .com one as well) but it shipped from Switzerland. The 7 Day company says it is in St Helier but shipping takes about a week the advert says - and that seems to be a long time for something so small as a sim card to come from the Channel Islands. I suspect they will be dispatched from mainland Europe. Anyone want to order one and tell us where it comes from? :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I wasn't implying anything sinister, I was just curious. The MyMemory folk used a .co.uk website (though they have a .com one as well) but it shipped from Switzerland. The 7 Day company says it is in St Helier but shipping takes about a week the advert says - and that seems to be a long time for something so small as a sim card to come from the Channel Islands. I suspect they will be dispatched from mainland Europe. Anyone want to order one and tell us where it comes from? :)

Think about it. Their products are obviously not produced in Jersey.

What would be the point in them going to the trouble and expense of importing them all to the island just to send them all straight back out again?

That's why companies use drop shipping or similar arrangements. If you're nothing more than a reseller then getting your supplier to ship directly to your customer removes an entire layer of cost and aggravation. You don't need storage facilities, you don't need to buy packaging materials or employ people to unpack and then repack the products, you don't need to pay a second set of shipping costs.

It's a no brainer (y)

In the case of My Memory and Seven Day Shop I wouldn't imagine they have any kind of physical presence in Jersey anyway. The registered addresses will just be a solicitors or accountants office. As was previously posted it's just to make use of Jersey's friendly tax laws. They could be based almost anywhere.

Reactions: DBK

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Still no refund and ebay and paypal still pissing about sent more emails in the last week and spoke to customer services and still getting nowhere as regards refund!!!!!!!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Got my refund yesterday within 5 minutes of escalating the issue to Ebay.

Ordered two more from My Memory via Ebay on Friday 19th Aug with a delivery date of 25th August.

If you order from the website they are £24.99 but from the same company via Ebay they are £24.35 which seems daft as they have to pay their fees to Ebay!

I did contact them and asked at what stage any discount was offered and was told that 5% was given with orders over 100 units.

We use mobile broadband at home so will be looking for a steady supply of these but I don't need a hundred all at once.

I know that you can get 12gb cheaper that £24.35 if you take out a contract with Three but any unused data disappears at the end of the month so I shall monitor our usage for a couple of months and then make a decision.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Further to message above I have just walked up our drive to check the mail and both the sims I ordered from My Memory via Ebay have arrived in two separate jiffy bags both form the same address in Switzerland ???.
Good service though - Ordered lunchtime Friday arrived mid-morning Tuesday.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Mine has not arrived. Was due 15 August and I put in the issue to resolution centre. Today time to progress and push for refund.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I sent a message to the seller on my return requesting a refund, seems I have to wait a week before escalating it to the Resolution Centre.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I got my refund too, from EBAY. I haven't yet bought a Mifi device so I am going to wait until the prices (hopefully) of the 4G models start to come down and then get the SIM card.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks for link, Graham, but sent me to Huawai 5330 which I believe is 3G only. Was going to go for 5573 model ideally.
Plus maybe an unlocked one? Seems easy to unlock with you tube video but unwilling to risk it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for link, Graham, but sent me to Huawai 5330 which I believe is 3G only. Was going to go for 5573 model ideally.
Plus maybe an unlocked one? Seems easy to unlock with you tube video but unwilling to risk it.
Apologies, I thought Three only sold 4G MiFi units now. The E5573 is 4G for a tenner more.
All devices sold by Three have been unlocked since 1st January 2014.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
At the risk of being boring on the subject I would check any MiFi you buy has an external antenna connection, the E5330 doesn't. Ideally one with twin connections for a MiMo antenna which will only cost about £25. The MiMo connections are also a bit more robust, the single connections are somewhat fragile. An external antenna can make the difference between a signal or no signal in my experience. Some claim they get along fine without them but they must go to different sorts of places to the ones I go. :)

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
At the risk of being boring on the subject I would check any MiFi you buy has an external antenna connection, the E5330 doesn't. Ideally one with twin connections for a MiMo antenna which will only cost about £25. The MiMo connections are also a bit more robust, the single connections are somewhat fragile. An external antenna can make the difference between a signal or no signal in my experience. Some claim they get along fine without them but they must go to different sorts of places to the ones I go. :)
Agreed. I posted the link to the E5330 without checking properly. As I've said on a number of other threads we wouldn't be without our aerial.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you Graham and DBK for your advice. I will take note. Not boring at all - useful.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I bought one of these of EBay last month. The seller still has some for sale. They are down as manufacturer refurbished but mine showed no sign of use and works very well. 4G with twin Ariel ports and for some reason a micro SD card holder.
Item no. 162173695580
Sorry I can't post a link on my ipad

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought one of these of EBay last month. The seller still has some for sale. They are down as manufacturer refurbished but mine showed no sign of use and works very well. 4G with twin Ariel ports and for some reason a micro SD card holder.
Item no. 162173695580
Here you go - Huawei E5372 4G Wifi Modem.
No mention of a warranty though.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Have gone for a sim from my memory

I got my card this week from these folk. http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-12GB-of-Data
Which was a supplier someone recommended earlier in this thread, can't remember who it was but thanks. (edit: it was @s20hymer - ta muchly!)

Things didn't go perfectly smoothly, I had to chase them but they responded immediately and explained there was a glitch but were dispatching the following day. Which they did but I was surprised to see when it arrived it had been posted from Switzerland of all places! The price seems to have gone up a pound or so over what I paid but from my experience they do have cards and they are available.

And taken a punt on the refurb Mifi as below

Item no. 162173695580

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My SIM arrived today from My Memory. What I found interesting is that the Customs value is given as £14.35 (£10 less than I paid). I'm not complaining about that but I wonder whether it reflects the true wholesale price to the various resellers.

Leading on from that I wonder whether the eBay seller (Recruitment365) managed to get a batch but then upset Three and/or other resellers by undercutting their prices to the extent that Three wouldn't sell him any more (leading to his inability to fulfill orders).

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My SIM arrived today from My Memory. What I found interesting is that the Customs value is given as £14.35 (£10 less than I paid). I'm not complaining about that but I wonder whether it reflects the true wholesale price to the various resellers.

Leading on from that I wonder whether the eBay seller (Recruitment365) managed to get a batch but then upset Three and/or other resellers by undercutting their prices to the extent that Three wouldn't sell him any more (leading to his inability to fulfill orders).
I made a new thread about this earlier but no one seems to have noticed, this is what I said

dont know if anyone else has had their data card delivered yet, but mine has come this morning, all good as far as I know but a puzzle for you , on the envelope it says value of contents £12.99, what does this meen is it how much they are in Switzerland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back