and here comes the next question........ :-)

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Douzeper, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Douzeper

Douzeper Funster

My water tank has water in it, I suppose thats a good place for it :)

Its somewhat frozen but I have an electric thermostatically controlled heater in the campervan now and left the lid of the tank to thaw it out. Seems like I bought it of an idiot!

Anyhow... reading through the manual it seems the only way to empty the tank is to run the pump and empty it through the taps. Should there not be a drainer on the fresh water tank?? or do I just run it through the taps and empty the waste water tanks?

More questions coming :Smile:

2. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Don't know what van you have but I recently discovered I had a drain for the fresh water tank under the van. A small plastic pipe 10/15ml diameter from memory running from the tank with an inline valve with a thumb turn on it.

You should also open all taps to to the midway position to drain down all hot and cold water in the system and lay the shower hose on the floor at it's lowest point to get all water out, you could even try blowing down the taps.

The hot water tank should have a drain valve in the pipework in close proximity and, depending on its' age, it may be an automatic valve that opens below about 5 celcius. I'm sure you'll get some more answers on this tomorrow :thumb:

3. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    We would love to know what 'van you have-----there will be another like it on the forum I am sure---------they will then be able to tell you what they do :thumb:
    Nigel

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

5. Douzeper

Douzeper Funster