Already introduced myself but now gone and bought one !! (1 Viewer)

barwik

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
dont own one - yet !
Exp
Hi all .
I've already posted that we were off to the nec motorhome show - got motorhome overload of course but didn't put us off , other than our budget wasn't big enough .
Well that wasn't exactly true - we could have bought new as we especially liked the chausonn's and hymer's ( they defo were out of our budget ) .
But we were a bit nervous about spending so much of out hard earned on what is ssooo expensive !
So, much searching later and met some lovely people we've gone and bought a 2nd hand Hymer 544 !!
Its near 10 years old but one owner from new and plenty history etc.
I've only left a deposit so far so cant post pics yet till its at its new home but will do next week .
Already thinking of upgrades - solar panel roof ? poss new led interior lights ?
Anyway fun ahead we hope !
And it aint got a tv so that'll have to be sorted .
fingers crossed

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Hi barwick welcome to the home of fun. Sorry it took so long for some one to say hello.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hiya Barwik and welcome.
Are you planning on doing much wildcamping / off the grid ? that you want to get solar / leds ?
If so then yip solar & battery bank + Leds , also when getting a TV get a 12v one :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
hi and welcome to fun glad you found the one that ticks most of you boxes enjoy, (y)(y)(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So, much searching later and met some lovely people we've gone and bought a 2nd hand Hymer 544 !!
Its near 10 years old but one owner from new and plenty history etc.

Better than most you saw at the show. Fully debugged. A much sort after van. Buying at that age it may even appreciate in value. Well done that FUNster.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya barwik, brilliant mohome, we're now on our second B544 following years on RVs, love it .
Time for itchy feet (y)

OP
OP
barwik

barwik

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
dont own one - yet !
Exp
Thanks , ya know what I've no idea if were gonna do wild camping or not but who know's ! just want to be covering all base's but the previous owners never bothered and went all over Europe so I may be over cautious .
12v TV's - I'm on the search !
ta

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome. Am on my 2nd hymer so excellent choice of van :)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks , ya know what I've no idea if were gonna do wild camping or not but who know's ! just want to be covering all base's but the previous owners never bothered and went all over Europe so I may be over cautious .
ta
Our 12v tv we bought was a 19" cello traveller . Built in dvd player , freeview, full HD , 12v & 240v . Still to try France .but from what I read the tuner works there , as it's all HD there.
It cost £200

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (6).jpg

As regards to the TV. Personally I woukd go for the Avtex. Yes it's more expensive than Cello or other makes but the colours are better and the viewing angles are superior. I did consider Cello but after seeing quite a few and Avtex, then my next (HD in France) is definitely Avtex

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
Our 12v tv we bought was a 19" cello traveller . Built in dvd player , freeview, full HD , 12v & 240v . Still to try France .but from what I read the tuner works there , as it's all HD there.
It cost £200

I agree about the Cello. We bought the same set a few weeks ago, and for the money, it would be pretty hard to beat.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
ta
Hi barwik and welcome to FUN.

Solar & LEDs are a wise investment if you are going to go to rallies or shows. We camp mostly at rallies the whole summer and its a must to have decent power if you are off grid.

If your looking for a value for money 12v TV / DVD /USB look no further than a Finlux they do what they say on the tin.... https://finlux.co.uk/tvs

There are a couple of finlux on ebay cheap right now.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Wow so pleased for you. Well done we always buy 2 be hand all extras are usually already added !
We have a TVs in uk for cold dark nights but never take it abroad never miss it.
Enjoy your travels.

OP
OP
barwik

barwik

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
dont own one - yet !
Exp
Well .... I picked it up today !!! :D, and this is very bad... I was so impressed with the people we bought it from I hadn't driven it , I knew it would be just fine .
They have even included so many extra's i.e cable's , connectors , bottle's and so much I cant list em all - in fact I will have to go through everything to see what we've got .
So I set off home ( having never driven an 'A'class before ) - yes i'll be getting shouted at from anyone who knows anything that its the wrong way to buy but I was happy it would be ok . They do take a bit of getting used to but I'm more worried about how and if I can get everything working ! more than how to drive it , but saying that after the 100 mile trip home I was getting the hang of it .
Best bit - sitting at 70 with cruise control on - ace !!
SO looking forward to the first outing !!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Let us know how you get on , congratulations!

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Great choice and idea , only in my opinion to buy an older van . If anything does go wrong you've got the funds set aside to fix it . I did the same and have had to spend a few quid so far on my hymer and a new clutch soon , still well within my budget as well (y)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Barwik
Nice van choice, I'm 5 days into owning the 504 so going through the same as you. Big aren't they?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back