all over cover (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi, We`re thinking of getting an all over cover for our motorhome has anyone used one of these any help gratefully appreciated.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We have one which came with the van but have never used it. The consensus seems to be that they damage the bodywork by chafing during windy weather and hold in moisture causing algae growth.

Wyn

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We bought one. Struggled to get it over the van, even on a calm day so gave up. Sold it in new condition when we went full time. We used the van regularly winter and summer so it was going to be too much hassle taking it off and on every time we wanted to use the van.

I have one for the Smart Car. We used it on the trailer 2 winters ago to give the car some protection while being transported. Rubbed the paintwork off the car where it touched.

This winter we left the car behind and left the cover on. The car was covered in mould inside when we got back from our winter jaunt. It is supposed to be breathable but it seemed to just hold the moisture against the car.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
My caravanning friends swear by Protec made to measure covers - they have one for their caravan and have bought one for the camper I sold them last year.

Protec are now backed by 2 of the Dragons - Hilary & Duncan - from the Den!! :thumb: :thumb:

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back