all over cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by robnchris, May 11, 2013.

1. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Hi, We`re thinking of getting an all over cover for our motorhome has anyone used one of these any help gratefully appreciated.

2. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

We have one which came with the van but have never used it. The consensus seems to be that they damage the bodywork by chafing during windy weather and hold in moisture causing algae growth.

Wyn

3. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

We bought one. Struggled to get it over the van, even on a calm day so gave up. Sold it in new condition when we went full time. We used the van regularly winter and summer so it was going to be too much hassle taking it off and on every time we wanted to use the van.

I have one for the Smart Car. We used it on the trailer 2 winters ago to give the car some protection while being transported. Rubbed the paintwork off the car where it touched.

This winter we left the car behind and left the cover on. The car was covered in mould inside when we got back from our winter jaunt. It is supposed to be breathable but it seemed to just hold the moisture against the car.

John

4. Viennese

Viennese Funster

My caravanning friends swear by Protec made to measure covers - they have one for their caravan and have bought one for the camper I sold them last year.

Protec are now backed by 2 of the Dragons - Hilary & Duncan - from the Den!! :thumb: :thumb:

Catherine