Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If its such bad weather down south methinks we're stay in Scotland as the weather here is fantastic, although having said that we're at the Kyle's of Tongue, and we're in the mist.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ooops, I have already made plans to travel down and got arrangements made:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Oh well. I can always turn back and head 50 miles north :)

Shame though as I was looking forward to seeing all you reprobates again :winky:

Even found my badge as well

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
RUTLAND RALLIERS

DO NOT TRAVEL TO RUTLAND JUST YET

Unfortunatley the new venue Wing Hall, Wing, Oakham. LE15 8RQ is also suffering from soft ground at the entrance All ralliers are advised that they should not leave for this rally until you get the all clear from the Marshals on the forum. Thanks. Jim

Given the new heading on the pages, my concerns my not be a problem...

Having just watched the weather for caste for that area .. there is some serious rain due in the next 24 hours... the longer term forecast is wet.

Will wait for the advice from the marshals, but have a feeling we will be unloading the fridge and freezer.

Bob
you must be the only one that got a heading bob nothing this end or on rvoc:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
odd i got nothing:Eeek:
meet or no meet im going trout :reel: in rutland water,so im deffo going:thumb:
Theres all weather motorhomers and fair weather motorhomers Chris. Some motorhomes just arnt built to stand a bit of bad weather. Im on route and not turning back for a drop of rain. My Eurobox is waterproof :ROFLMAO:.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its nowt to do with fairweather motorhomers - its the owners of the venue who dont want their property to resemble Glastonbury or even Peteborough when 100 plus vehicles all over 3 ton, some a lot more, start doing pirouettes on their field:ROFLMAO:

There is an amber warning out for the East Mids for heavy rain first thing tomorrow :Sad:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Theres all weather motorhomers and fair weather motorhomers Chris. Some motorhomes just arnt built to stand a bit of bad weather. Im on route and not turning back for a drop of rain. My Eurobox is waterproof :ROFLMAO:.
fair play to yer,like your style:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

And there are fulltimers who don't give a stuff what the weather is:winky::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
You may be seeing the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse over Rutland at this rate - see the local paper's report: Broken Link Removed

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm just worried about stuck up to axles in mud!!!

Thanks for all the updates---airlines could learn a thing or 2 from organisers/marshalls on this site!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am with you on that feeling

I'm just worried about stuck up to axles in mud!!!

Thanks for all the updates---airlines could learn a thing or 2 from organisers/marshalls on this site!

Having lived through Peterborough and seeing hundreds and hundreds being towed out of mud at Peterborough I am not going to risk it. This is a camp site that will not have heavy duty tractors that can tow 18 ton RV's out... you only need one of them get stuck.. which we saw at Peterborough... the burrows caused by being dragged out caused many other so get bogged down.

I value my RV ... at 5 tons I do not want to sink. Given the weather forecasts I have read this evening, the area is in for some serious rain. As I said after Peterborough I wish I had gone with my gut feeling and did not attend. My gut says the same this time. I cannot walk around the RV trying to put mud mats down.. a wheelchair will bog even faster than an motor home.

I was all up for the other place. I appreciate all the marshals have done to get an alternative place for us. But sorry chaps not worth the risk for me.

I will see you all I suspect at Malvern when I hope the weather is a lot better.

Bob

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't be premature Bob, too early to bin it yet. The rally doesn't start till Sunday and we might yet have a sunny week:thumb:

Having lived through Peterborough and seeing hundreds and hundreds being towed out of mud at Peterborough I am not going to risk it. This is a camp site that will not have heavy duty tractors that can tow 18 ton RV's out... you only need one of them get stuck.. which we saw at Peterborough... the burrows caused by being dragged out caused may other so get bogged down.

I value my RV ... at 5 tons I do not want to sink. Given the weather forecasts I have read this evening, the area is in for some serious rain. As I said after Peterborough I wish I had gone with my gut feeling and did not attend. My gut says the same this time.

I was all up for the other place. I appreciate all the marshals have done to get an alternative place for us. But sorry chaps not worth the risk for me.

I will see you all I suspect at Malvern when I hope the weather is a lot better.

Bob

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Has anyone got a long range weather forecast? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
checked weather now with three separate places

Don't be premature Bob, too early to bin it yet. The rally doesn't start till Sunday and we might yet have a sunny week:thumb:

I can get weather up to Monday and it is mainly rain and very heavy rain tomorrow with an Amber alert for the area. The rain does not worry me.. it is the mud JIM... I could have my mind changed.. but at the moment I am in a hold pattern.

Perhaps the marshals will be able to tell us more .. especially the areas about noise i.e genny use and the dump situation (which for RV's is important.. given the large number attending)..

But I will monitor the posts to see what up dates there is.

Bob

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Blimey Bob you make Peterborough sound like the 'Nam
I'm picturing you waking up in a cold sweat with a piece of cloth tied round your head at the thoughts of more mud :ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Leave it to the Marshalls, they are all experienced and Nigel knows his stuff. If he and Pamela say it goes ahead they will of made plans for a 1ton panel van to a 18 ton job.

Trust in the people whom set it up, if it's a massive issue they will make the decisions necessary.

What ever happens, good luck, and enjoy yourselves, I will be awaiting arrivals at knutsford from Thursday with taisif what a great time you have had :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And the long term weather for that area is not bad.. Depends on how good the drainage is at the site

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
:rain::rain:
Leave it to the Marshalls, they are all experienced and Nigel knows his stuff. If he and Pamela say it goes ahead they will of made plans for a 1ton panel van to a 18 ton job.

Trust in the people whom set it up, if it's a massive issue they will make the decisions necessary.

What ever happens, good luck, and enjoy yourselves, I will be awaiting arrivals at knutsford from Thursday with taisif what a great time you have had :thumb:

Im afraid Paul, that the final decision is the landowners and if he doesnt wish his field to be turned into a quagmire with 100 plus vehicles sliding around, then that very clearly is his perogative. Amber waring Forecast

:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
:rain::rain:

Im afraid Paul, that the final decision is the landowners and if he doesnt wish his field to be turned into a quagmire with 100 plus vehicles sliding around, then that very clearly is his perogative. Amber waring Forecast

:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Exactly. Landowners ground, landowners call. My thoughts, it will be a no goer, with everywhere so saturated. It could take the grounds weeks if not months to recover from a good ploughing up by us lot.

BTW, thank goodness for Jim's red banner, or I wouldn't have known there was a problem. Any posts on this info going in the Rallies area?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes it was like that

Blimey Bob you make Peterborough sound like the 'Nam
I'm picturing you waking up in a cold sweat with a piece of cloth tied round your head at the thoughts of more mud :ROFLMAO:

Yes it was like that... The tractors themselves made a mess... But having watch two large RV's .... One each side of me being dragged out... One of which was 18 tons ...dragged backwards across the site a long way ... Got the photos... Bogged down to the axles... It dragged farrows,which were deep and caused many others to get stuck as they could no cross them... This was a repeated theme .... Few got off with out the use of a tractor... Ok I was one that did get off.. But RV"s and euro boxes got stuck... All you saw was a sea of hazard lamps flashing for two days with three tractors working from early morning to late night.

Even I had to post on MHF for help...which came from our Marshall's to get my scooters back in to the car .. Which I appriciated...

But yes the mud was bad... Hence my concerns.

I have head from Garry this morning and he himself has already got stuck at the new venue.. So we have decided to not risk it... Given there are some big RV's going and I suspect no serious tractor available we are not willing to risk it.. Plus there is an amber alert in the area now... With a months rain due in one day. No field can drain that.

Shame, as we were looking forward to it.. Oh well unload the RV again.

At least I will not have to get the mud off this time

But if it runs, then have a good time

Bob

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No problems here on Tesco Uttoxeter carpark awaiting further instructions. Having said that this carpark is huge, could possibly have a meet here. hardstanding for all and free wifi. What more could you want. Posted by an allweather motorhomer :ROFLMAO:.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
No problems here on Tesco Uttoxeter carpark awaiting further instructions. Having said that this carpark is huge, could possibly have a meet here. hardstanding for all and free wifi. What more could you want. Posted by an allweather motorhomer :ROFLMAO:.

What more could you want

Perhaps some bloody sunshine would'nt go amiss :Cool:

Candy Floss

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
approx 20 years
Rutland Change

Well done to the organisers for getting us a venue as conditions are so bad. We will be there on Tuesday earlier than planned as we are not far

Mad Floss

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Terrific job finding a venue at such short notice to save the event. We would have been gutted if it had been cancelled.What is the situation re facilities such as toilets, Elsan, water as there questions about these for the previous venue.presumably if this is at an airfield noise won't be an issue!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back