Alde heating.... help (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
By way of a humble apology to all whose help I was desperate to recieve. I found the valve. Not anywhere near where I expected it to be.

Did you open this valve at some point or is it an auto valve (frost protection) ?

I no wasn’t aware we had such a valve but all of our Alde ‘stuff’ is behind fixed panels in our garage

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Did you open this valve at some point or is it an auto valve (frost protection) ?

I no wasn’t aware we had such a valve but all of our Alde ‘stuff’ is behind fixed panels in our garage
A lot don't have it David, Morelo don't fit it and the Flair didn't have one so I wouldn't waste too much time looking for it ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I had a frost valve in my Alde system on the Frankia but on the Carthago it’s just 3 drain valves, I was going nuts looking for one when I went to drain it. 🥴
I went nuts! I have owned this van 4+ years, Drained it every year and in spite of that my pump froze last year but still this *** valve did not open. This year with a greenhouse fan running on low setting day and night, it opened. Only when I refilled did it reveal it had worked. I now know where it is!

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Interesting. Wonder if it's something new they started to do. Maybe something they fit for vans that don't have the double floors and fully winterised.
Our 2017 rapido 10000dfh has this valve and has a double floor and is fully winterised. It's definitely not a new thing, ours is located behind the bin in the cupboard which is beneath the kitchen sink.

A few years ago whilst in Spain we lost the glycol fluid which turned out to be 2 pipes installed next to each other constantly rubbing against one another until finally one developed a hole. Bad design at factory which of course we have now resolved.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
By way of a humble apology to all whose help I was desperate to recieve. I found the valve. Not anywhere near where I expected it to be. It was hidden in a locker behind bottles of Gin! Should we meet, at least one glass is waiting for each of you.
Form an orderly queue!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You will be lucky, last time I had a drink with Alan he drunk me under the table & it was. my booze then had the Cheak to complain about his head the next morning. :xrofl:
Well you will buy that cheap French 💩🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back