Alde 3000 advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jacken, Dec 31, 2009.

1. jacken

jacken Read Only Funster

Hi, I have just checked out my system, refilled it etc. and am now doing a bit of winter camping. But I have noticed that there is no circulation pump on top of the expansion tank. All the manuals I have show that there should be one. I do however, have a pump down by the boiler which I suspect is for the engine heat exchanger which I also have. My question is: do you think they did away with the expansion tank pump as they fitted the engine heat exchanger pump and this does both? Any-one with the same system, I would appeciate your views.

ken

2. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

Ken,

If you read these two links I think your pump is for the engine coolant so you can heat the engine. The way I read it is the Alde system is heated by the heat exchanger,and you will need a pump for the expansion tank. I could be wrong!!

http://www.alde.co.uk/itemdetails.php?itemId=58

http://www.alde.co.uk/itemdetails.php?itemId=59

Just seen this have you got an inline pump if so I don't think you will need a one in the expansion tank?

http://www.alde.co.uk/itemdetails.php?itemId=54

Dave

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. ocsid

ocsid Read Only Funster

We have the Alde 3010 Compact in a 2008 Hymer.
    Whilst the Alde manual shows a header mounted circulating pump the actual build is with a 12 volt pump on the inhibited water circuit's return, just as it enters the "boiler".
    We have no engine link. My pump I have assumed is Adle original equipment.

To me putting the pump here makes more sense; here there is a small pressure "head" to help suppress cavitation and the unit is supported only by the rubber hoses. If it was on the header then clearly there would be no head and as the tank itself is rigidly mounted to the wall so transmitted noise would much greater that suspending the pump in the hoses.

To answer your question they clearly have or approve designs without header mounted pumps, whether they feature engine circuit exchangers or not.

4. aba

aba

hi i have the alde 3010 compact in my dethleffs and has 2 external pumps on the system.
    one is just next to the boiler housing which looking through the manual is the mains pump there appears to be a 12volt pump inside the boiler its self. and there is a seperate switched 12volt pump in the front locker of the van in the circuit between the heat exchanger and the engine.

5. JaG

JaG Funster

Alde 3000 Compact

We have the Alde 3000 Compact in our 2006 van. The circulatory pump is built into the top of the expansion tank, as you say. It is very small, maybe 2 inches wide and 3 inches long. It is absolutely silent, not a murmur. We do not have any pumps near the boiler.
    Graham & Jean