Airride Boss front air suspension struts for a ducato 2020 (1 Viewer)

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
Hi all:)
Presently my nearly 3 year old Carthago I 138 Compact on a Ducato 2.3 plus Al-Ko chassis is struggling with reference to front suspension! The slight bump in the road vibrates through to the dashboard. The axle max parameter is 1960kg. I weighed the front (without my wife) and found it to be 1600kg. The front is down on the back by 75mm. Have had the struts checked and and is well. Therefore feel I need to sadly replace.
Presently my eyes have focused on Airride’s Boss triple convolute bag air suspension forks made to measure for my Ducato at about £2,200. Fitting is extra at about £700.
The reason is that they are a direct replacement and have ???? hose lines, which I can adjust their pressure with a portable digital tyre inflator until an optimum ride is achieved, since the front/rear weight will always be roughly the same.
QUESTION:
Has anybody had dealings with Airride in Norwich?
Has anybody had fitted a set of Boss Air Struts?
Please see details on photos attached:)
IMG_9630.png
IMG_9631.png

OP
OP
MobyDick57

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
???? = Schrader valve/hose extension:)

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
I had a pair of the triple bags and fitted them to a 250 PVC. They rubbed badly on the inside wheel arch. Fiat spring unit has an offset as does the VB air unit. If the Boss bags have a smaller diameter than the triple bags that I had they may fit, but I wouldn't waste your money, the VB units are more expensive but you will get something that works out of the box, tried and tested.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I have a Fiat 2.3 Ducato of similar vintage, I have found that mine has uprated front springs. I find the ride quite compliant but have ordered full VB air suspension to uprate my payload,so these will be coming off and up for sale. My van is only 9 months old with 1140 miles, so the springs are like new.
IMG_5761.jpeg

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
When I got my van, I hated the ride. Felt like it was going to shake the body off on every minor imperfection. It was tiring to drive. It was also very nose heavy.

First thing... Are you on camper tyres? Replacing the Michelin Agilis Camper tyres on mine with standard van tyres made a significant improvement.

I've also got VB full air. It made a similar improvement again to replacing the tyres. But it's a very expensive upgrade.

So do the tyres first as it's much more cost effective! Mine still doesn't ride like a luxury car. Potholes still jump the cutlery out of the slots, but it no longer feels like something has fallen off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MobyDick57

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Hello BDM:)
Thank you for your good advice.
Hello Bigtree:)
Interesting offer, but I too am moving more towards “air”:)
Hello Guigsy:)
My tyres are Michelin Agiles Camper, however I am running them just less than 4bar, not the recommended 5.5bar, which has reduced the vibration.
One thing we can all agree on, is that all the roads will be getting worse in the future:(

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Hello BDM:)
Thank you for your good advice.
Hello Bigtree:)
Interesting offer, but I too am moving more towards “air”:)
Hello Guigsy:)
My tyres are Michelin Agiles Camper, however I am running them just less than 4bar, not the recommended 5.5bar, which has reduced the vibration.
One thing we can all agree on, is that all the roads will be getting worse in the future:(
Campers have extra stiffeners in the sidewall construction. Reducing pressures will help. But they won't be as supple as van tyres.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The front of our Ducato Alko combination is the best bit, I tend to aim the front at potholes so the rear avoids them 🤷
Agilis on ours and running 60/70 F/R

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back