Aires update

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by pandj, Oct 19, 2013.

1. pandj

pandj Funster Life Member

Having returned from our maiden trip I thought we'd update a couple of aire details to save anyone a wasted trip.

In Burgandy aire 31 Ecuisses is shut and aire 18 Digoin no longer has services, they have done the car park up done away with the service point and built a toilet in its place.

In Champagne aire 46 Vieville is shut but aire 44 Froncles is just next door and is brilliant for 4 euro a night inc hookup and has lovely clean toilets, stayed there for 2 nights. Met a couple with a Replica Dutch barge there and had a viewing of their home, they're off down south next year, very nice!

Planning next years trips already, the problem is there's too much choice!!!
    France is a definite, a trip to the Lakes too, with Germany looking worth a shot as well, the only problem is we don't speak any!

P&J

• Like Like x 3
  2. sedge

sedge Funster

That's our prob with Germany - I found it an awful language to try to learn at school though I did OK with French and did later with Spanish too, I spose my head must like 'romantic' languages. I can remember what Kartoffeln are but that's not a lot of use if you are eg trying to find a toilet !

3. pandj

Thanks for that Jenny, you've started our education in the German language, at least we won't go hungry now :BigGrin:.
    Mind you we won't eat too many Kartoffelns till we find out what toilet is :Rofl1:

P&J

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It's magnificent, it's logical. You see a German word and you can speak it, unlike French.

You have a problem with WC Toilette or Damen ?

5. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Can I ask what the numbers relate to, are these Aires listed in a book or on a website? Sorry if the answer should be obvious :Doh:

6. makems

makems Funster Life Member

We spent 10 weeks there last year and didn't have a problem with the lingo despite not speaking a word of it ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  7. makems

makems Funster Life Member

Forgot to say, Germany is brilliant, great country. If you go you won't regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pandj

The numbers relate to "All the aires France" 4th edition by vicarious books the aires are listed by region then number.

P&j