May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Heres why you should sign this petition and make the goverment spend our
taxes on tax payers(you and me) instead of this lot of wasters.

Link Removed

How many Aires could be Built with these funds!!!

regards
Steve

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
last estimate I saw was 120,000 registered motor caravans.. so very unlikely..

as I recall the last e-petition was poorly supported.. there just isn't enough people interested.
SEND AN E MAIL TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS AND ASK THEM TO SIGN IT AS WELL:thumb:

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
All signed up:thumb:hope this takes off but as per usual we are years behind the rest of Europe!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have been a motor homer for more years than most, I don’t get it, why do you think we require Aires in this country.
At best they will be in town car parks. What is the attraction? If you think you would be getting free or cheap parking in the best spots, think again it aint going to happen. What is a matter with the motorway services or lorry stops if that is what takes your fancy.:whatthe:
It will upset far more than it will please, caravaners, campers site owners and of course the locals who pay their rates. I for one will not be voting and I know many more who feel the same way, I think you can probably forget about the 136k. :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Done.. Number 190 ( I think ! )... might be 191 as it was slow to update

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a thought.. but while it is a fact all the countries mentioned do indeed have aires and do indeed have travellers similar to the ones we suffer, they also have a way of dealing with them that we do not.. A police force backed by their government and not controlled by tree hugging do gooders.
I suspect that as long as we have the likes of the dale farm lot around more or less taking the wee wee, there is absolutely NO chance of aires becoming common place in the UK. Local councils will be too concerned about them just being taken over by travellers who they will then not have the power to move on easily.

Like terrorists win by causing me and thee problems ( slow international mail, OTT security at airports etc ), so the travellers have won agin the non traveller community in that a lot of what we MIGHT have been allowed to expect is just not a viable realistic possibility nowadays

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have been a motor homer for more years than most, I don’t get it, why do you think we require Aires in this country.
At best they will be in town car parks. What is the attraction? If you think you would be getting free or cheap parking in the best spots, think again it aint going to happen. What is a matter with the motorway services or lorry stops if that is what takes your fancy.:whatthe:
It will upset far more than it will please, caravaners, campers site owners and of course the locals who pay their rates. I for one will not be voting and I know many more who feel the same way, I think you can probably forget about the 136k. :thumb:

Some valid points .. however, there are many places where it would be fairly easy to create MH overnight stopping places .. that are not in towns.. or Mways

For example ..

National Trust, National Parks, English Heritage, Forestry Commission.. and many other private attractions...

but I think this is the wrong way to go about it ... there will never be legislation making it compulsory .. and if there were, it couldn't be enforced.

What is needed, and been advocated by Graham on many posts, is for individuals and organisations to write to the appropriate authority, be they council or other and make a an economic case for providing such facilities.
These could be created under existing regulations that allow five van CLs .. so we don't more legislation for aires, but more CLs.. that would keep both motor caravaners and caravanners happy..

For example, a letter from Fun signed by all members directly to a council or organisation identifying a suitable location AND pointing out the economic benefits may well be more effective than a petition that quite frankly is going no where.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Some valid points .. however, there are many places where it would be fairly easy to create MH overnight stopping places .. that are not in towns.. or Mways
For example ..
National Trust, National Parks, English Heritage, Forestry Commission.. and many other private attractions...
but I think this is the wrong way to go about it ... there will never be legislation making it compulsory .. and if there were, it couldn't be enforced.
What is needed, and been advocated by Graham on many posts, is for individuals and organisations to write to the appropriate authority, be they council or other and make a an economic case for providing such facilities.
[HI]These could be created under existing regulations that allow five van CLs .. so we don't more legislation for aires, but more CLs.. that would keep both motor caravaners and caravanners happy.. [/HI]
For example, a letter from Fun signed by all members directly to a council or organisation identifying a suitable location AND pointing out the economic benefits may well be more effective than a petition that quite frankly is going no where.
Good idea Jim but I dont think this will pass the scrutiny of the we want uk Aires lobby. Apart from this, national parks already have a number of private sites who would take an interest in a cheaper alternative to their sites. Lastly, I dont think that any Aire will ever show a return on the cost of the auto systems maintenance and monitoring that will be required. Sorry I'm still a no voter.:Sad:

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
All signed, let's hope our voices are heard on this one, its not only good for motorhomers but also good for the local economy. :Smile:

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Oh come on, 49 votes and 906 views, there must be motorhomers who would want this here? I bet out of the 905 who have viewed so far have spent time in France,Spain and Germany enjoying this facility, so why not here,come on put your name to the petition,its free!!!!!!!!
Mike:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi buttons ,get real .locks only keep honest people out didnt your mum tell you . even a bit of binder twine keeps honest people out. locks dont keep criminals out .most height barriers dont keep high vehicles out either just drive over the kerb at one side or go in the exit .
i forgot you only drive a likkle van. hee hee .
only having fun,though .
might get something moving though . hasnt done too bad in a few days .
have you got any old fridges or scrap you want moving .get you me card when i see you. cheers

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
hi buttons ,get real .locks only keep honest people out didnt your mum tell you . even a bit of binder twine keeps honest people out. locks dont keep criminals out .most height barriers dont keep high vehicles out either just drive over the kerb at one side or go in the exit .
i forgot you only drive a likkle van. hee hee .
only having fun,though .
might get something moving though . hasnt done too bad in a few days .
have you got any old fridges or scrap you want moving .get you me card when i see you. cheers
Hi VWalan, what do you keep in the back of that avata. Horses or a pop top:winky: What do you think of Ed's nose.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi its a lovely camper . not as high as many hightops . . but i do keep a small m,bike in the back . its actually smaller than most of the campers on here i would think. and drives great . not what you like to hear but far better than a vw in doing the job. have got a vw here that used to pull the trailer. shame really as i do like vw,s ala the name .had just about all of them over the years . you might get a chance to view it one day . bet you will want one .hee hee . driving the mitzy is just like driving a vw t25 only a similar size really . cheers .

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
2 more done :thumb: ...

... not much hope of it working in this country though :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.