air suspension

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by toledo, May 20, 2013.

1. toledo

toledo Funster Life Member

:thumb: can anyone help me with air suspension what it is and basic cost and is there a person near Birmingham who can fit it :thumb:

Thanks

Dave

2. Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie Read Only Funster

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

It is a system of rubber air bags fitted to your rear suspension which is adjustable with compressed air to assist your existing suspension in order to avoid the m/h rolling on bends and roundabouts and generally more stable.

There are systems where you have to put the air in with a foot pump or compressor and there are systems like the one we have fitted which has it's own on board compessor which is far more convenient and can be operated from the driving seat while on the move.

The other and main reason I have it fitted is to raise the back of the m/h to clear road humps and similar obstacles.

Our system was fitted by AS AirSuspension at Warrington who I am more than happy to recommend. This is the second m/h we have had AS AirSuspension and have been more than pleased with their knowledge and service along with their friendly attitude and after sales.

Cheers, Brian

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spenders

Spenders

If Brian hadn't said this I would have. I am another very satisfied AS Air Suspension customer.

It's cheaper to book it at a show if you can get to one and see them on their stand... they are very friendly and knowledgeable and will be able to talk you through the options. They have a website you can Google if you wanna look at pictures.

Simon

• Like Like x 2
  5. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

We have booked our new MH into AS as used them before and very satisfied with the service and product. The air suspension makes a big difference particularly on motorways/ when there are strong side winds.

Kath and Howie

6. toledo

toledo Funster Life Member

air suspensi

:thumb: Hi brian. Can you give any idea how much I would be paying for the air suspension to be fitted and do they fit them at shows:thumb:

7. billy

billy Read Only Funster

8. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Toledo,when I bought my new to me van,I was not aware it had basic air suspension fitted on the rear.I feel the seller did not know either because it wasn't mentioned.
    However I think it is brilliant,basic system with normal tyre type valves bolted onto the wheel arches,not difficult to inflate,cheap compressor from Maplins , 5 mtr cigarette lighter lead and hey presto,inflate to suit your requirements!
    Scooter on the rack,more pressure,working underneath the same,running light,reduce pressure.Over time the pressure reduces but no problem to adjust.
    If you are good at DIY or the spanners,not too difficult to fit,of course you can pay more for an inboard system where you just inflate or deflate from the cab.
    Which ever system you choose I am sure you will not regret it.:wine:

9. Concord Pilot

Concord Pilot Funster

Hi All -
    I have Firestone Ride Rite air assist suspension on my van and it seems to be more planted on the road that my previous van. Highly recommended. Cheers Rob

10. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Hi Toledo, I know AS don't fit at shows and I personally would not want it done at a show, I feel much happier having work like that done in proper workshop surroundings.

The price varies with different chassis, some are available for DIY fitting and others are not.

Give them a call, you will speak with Cathy or Phil who will give you all the info you require without any pressure to purchase.

www.as-airsuspension.co.uk
    01925 740666 / 07874 046643

Cheers, Brian

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I'm almost sure they do some fitting at shows now, but a call to Phil will confirm this. The AS system is excellent, we had a it fitted because we tow a heavy trailer and it works really well. No matter how heavy we are going down the road, we look and handle like were empty:Smile:

12. 4matt

4matt Read Only Funster

We have this on our van too, and we were wondering why you would have it. So thanks for the info posted here.:thumb: