mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Are you absolutely sure that the dump valve on your water heater is closed? It sounds like its been left open and the water is flowing out as it pumps. I've done this before. Look underneath the van while the pump is running. You will see water coming out if its been left open.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I'm knackered now with all this brain work. :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Not that I wish Normandsue problems, but I LOVE these posts. I've just started wintering my 'van (plan to use water flagons if I go on a trip) and all of these tips will allow me a bit of a heads-up if it goes belly-up! I knew the previous van's foibles, but I'm about to attack this one with a Floe system to purge the latent water. What's the betting that there will be no water flow when I re-fill it (n)

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Are you absolutely sure that the dump valve on your water heater is closed? It sounds like its been left open and the water is flowing out as it pumps. I've done this before. Look underneath the van while the pump is running. You will see water coming out if its been left open.
Yep Quite sure, I closed it myslef and checked beneath the mh for any water leakage. Just watching weather forecast before draining down again

mrvinegar

Free Member
Jan 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer b564
You could try priming the system by removing the shower head, holding the hose high and pouring water down it until the whole line is full, then while still holding the hose up, run the pump and see if that primes it and bleeds the air out. I am given to understand that most pumps are self priming nowadays, but a bleed point in the line would be useful!! Good luck and please let us know for my own future reference how you get on.
I had the same problem and googling I found this solution and it worked, thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
On my old Burstener i had to rock the trauma boiler back and two to clear the air everytime we filled up. On new Bavaria had same problem close all taps and only open one tap very slightly the furthest tap from the boiler and you should hear the air being forced out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back