Advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by R11dyw, Jan 7, 2016.

1. R11dyw

R11dyw Read Only Funster

Hi, many thanks for your warm introduction. New to motorhoming this year and have enjoyed our travelles so far even venturing to France last summer.
    I joined the forum to obtain information from experience motorhomers.
    My initial question would be that I am about to book MH in for service at local independent MH garage and wondered if someone could give me idea of costs they pay/ expect to pay for ;
    Engine full service
    Cam belt change.
    MH is a Fiat Ducato (x250) 2.3 multijet

2. MikeD

MikeD Funster

A full service on my X250 Fiat is due this year so will be interested in any answers you receive

But it might be a 'how long is a piece of string' sort of question as when I took my 2012 in for a service the Fiat dealer just said as low mileage it only needed an oil and filter change.

I would contact a Fiat dealer, tell them age and usage and see what response you get.

Welcome to the forum.

3. Big bus man

Big bus man

My van is a VW but is going for a full dealer service and MOT in February, the service is £250 and the MOT £52, I would estimate the Cam belt change to be £350-450 for your van but fiat owners will give a more accurate price.

4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

A full service for my Ducato was £450, this was it's first, done at the two year point at the main dealers. I know you can go elsewhere under warranty but I didn't want to but it would have been cheaper. I guess if you shop around you might get it down to around £300, anything less and I would suspect something wasn't going to be done.

What the same dealer calls a low mileage service which is just oil and filter plus safety checks was around £150, which is what I had done in the first year and will again this coming third year.

Can't comment on timing belts as mine doesn't have one. :)

5. nomadic

nomadic Funster

• Like Like x 1