Free Member
Sep 24, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi,

My son and I are hoping to buy a motorhome together....... issues are ....

1- He lives in the UK and has a UK address and driving licence ..... I live in Spain, am a Spanish resident and have a Spanish driving licence.

2 - I want to purchase a motorhome in his name .... he has three children, so we need a 5 berth, 5 belted vehicle

3. - We have used their car on previous visits to the UK, but sometimes they struggled to find a company to insure me, as a non- uk resident ..........despite 45 years driving 40,000 miles a year in the UK without issues.

4 - Questions ....... could he insure both of us to drive a motorhome, both in the UK and overseas

4.1 - What do we have to check regarding insurance....

4.2 - It is possible that we will want to use the motorhome both in the UK and overseas ...... they will use it for a few years in the UK ..... us, both the UK and overseas....... any suggestions about insurance, breakdown cover, etc.

Friends have recommended this forum and I have monitored it for about a year now ..... seems to have lots of good advice and help.

Hope you all could help me now.

Regards
Brian

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Is it possible to insure it in your son's name and put your self as a named driver.

:welcomesign:

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Phone rather than use Web site comparison sites. Try Alan Blundell, broker. Nice people
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back