Advice on Wifi please?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Tartan Tearaways, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Tartan Tearaways

Tartan Tearaways Read Only Funster

Hi Everyone, I'm very new to this... we will be picking up our first motorhome next week having been in a campervan for years my bones can't take it anymore.... anyway... I'll need to be working at times and wonder can anyone recommend a good way of connecting to wifi while on the move... I've seen a thing on line called 'Hubba' from 'Connect Buzz'.... any thoughts on this or other ideas... Many thanks... Michelle :Smile:

2. froggy59

froggy59 Funster

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi I cannot find the link about free wifi forever but someone will :thumb:Along with the MIFI above you will not go far wrong :thumb:Iam presently on with a 12mth sim which gives a small 1/2 gb down load per mth but with unlimited surfing :thumb:for £21 :thumb:The sufing bit really works as a couple of mths ago I was using it every day around 10 hrs for a month :thumb:The other sim deal sounds good everlasting provided you stick under the limit for a one off £20 payment = free internet forever
    terry

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Are we talking Uk use or abroad ??
    Using a laptop or tablet ??
    Mainly bulit up areas or rural spots .

iT can all make a difference to what you need....

5. Tartan Tearaways

Tartan Tearaways Read Only Funster

Help with Wifi

Thanks again everyone.... Hi Tonka... it's for use on my laptop mainly but maybe the ipad aswell.... in the UK and in very rural areas... and I need a couple of hours access per day to keep on top of my work :cry:

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

If you have home internet and not BT to make use of their hotspots, you can buy a "fonero" for a one off fee, attach to your router at home and then have access to the BT / fon network. A wifi long range aerial extender to the laptop increases the range..

You can get a Mifi for use with a sim card but here in UK I now just teather my phone to the ipad. Have a monthly contract for £12 with EE that gives unlimited internet....

7. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

8. keithcdb

keithcdb Read Only Funster

This, I get 1gb with my contract and could never use it all mobile browsing so use my phone as a hotspot. Easy couple of hours browsing on the move :thumb:

9. laser101uk

laser101uk Funster

I use giff gaff and ovivo for mobile phones and hotspot them. I used le french mobile when in france. all work well and give u flexibility without getting locked into any contracts. I have bt and occasionally can get on a bt hot spot but its only occasionally, same in france where i got on an sfr fon at one aire during a two week holiday.

Giff Gaff are on the o2 network, ovivo are on the vodaphopne network and le french mobile is on bouygues.

if u stay within the limits on the ovivo freedom it actually works out free.

Steve

10. G8WVW

G8WVW Read Only Funster

If you're at home with the iPad then iPhone5 on 3. ~£30 a month with absolutely UNLIMITED data. Will link automatically with iPad over BlueTooth and WiFi hotspot for laptop.