ADAC Plus Cover Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I had a letter last week from ADAC saying my Plus membership would be downgraded to Standard when it expires in July. Standard only covers Germany so not much use for UK residents.

I wrote back asking reasoning and just taken a call from the ADAC who explained that they are going to stop offering Plus membership to people outside of Germany after having issues with the AA and breakdown organisations in Switzerland.

Anyone else heard this?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just joined on 9th March and no mentioned made of this change.
Await with interest others comments.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Renewed mine in Feb no mention of it and charged for Plus membership.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
Renewed mine in Feb no mention of it and charged for Plus membership.

Ditto

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I will be in Spain when mine renews so I contacted them and asked if I could renew in advance (ADAC Partner Plus). They replied very promptly confirming the cost and supplying their bank details. I have claimed once for a breakdown on my car in the UK last year.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
I have read somewhere that Adac declined to continue to offer breakdown cover to someone who had a few breakdowns, I was just wondering if that's the case with the op ? We renewed Adac plus by phone in February and nothing was said.
I do get the feeling that they aren't too keen on UK breakdowns because they have no vehicles here and have to use the AA, there reputation in Europe is very good which is why we use them.

OP
OP
Motörhead Fun
Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I have read somewhere that Adac declined to continue to offer breakdown cover to someone who had a few breakdowns, I was just wondering if that's the case with the op ? We renewed Adac plus by phone in February and nothing was said.
I do get the feeling that they aren't too keen on UK breakdowns because they have no vehicles here and have to use the AA, there reputation in Europe is very good which is why we use them.

This is my concern. We have not had a few breakdowns but a very expensive one last year in Ukraine which involved repatriation of van (difficult) and me and family. I have a feeling ADAC are just telling me a tale verbally about overseas members when what I have cost them is the real reason?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is my concern. We have not had a few breakdowns but a very expensive one last year in Ukraine which involved repatriation of van (difficult) and me and family. I have a feeling ADAC are just telling me a tale verbally about overseas members when what I have cost them is the real reason?
I don't know anything about adac but was considering changing to them from green flag who I have been with for three years but now glad I didn't , strange way of going on if they will only insure you as long as you don't breakdown .:(

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Had rumours last year i think that they were not taking membership from BRITS but turned out to be untrue..Wonder if the odd member of staff have problems speaking English,,,Always had excellent service from them. BUSBY.

mike barrett

Free Member
Mar 11, 2017
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper symbol ES
Exp
6 months
Today I joined ADAC plus breakdown insurance so they are still covering UK clients.
Phoned 00 49 941 55673 and asked to speak to an English speaker. Very helpful, straightforward and very easy.

regards
mike

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
To be honest , I have AA cover here , and ADAC cover for when I am in Germany , because the cost of continental for the AA is daft , and they don't like anything over 7m long, plus I have a German postal address I can use , as well as have the vehicle recovered to .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I don't know anything about adac but was considering changing to them from green flag who I have been with for three years but now glad I didn't , strange way of going on if they will only insure you as long as you don't breakdown .:(

I have had two claims and they still insure me,,BUSBY,,

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I am thinking of using ADAC when my cover runs out this month, how easy is it to get repaired in UK and outside of Germany do you have to call Germany or do you get a list of phone No's for local country's and do they speak English.
Lee

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I am thinking of using ADAC when my cover runs out this month, how easy is it to get repaired in UK and outside of Germany do you have to call Germany or do you get a list of phone No's for local country's and do they speak English.
Lee
I used them when the fan relay failed near Huesca, Spain two weeks ago. You have one number to call in Germany, they speak excellent English. Recovery truck was with me in just over an hour and I was very happy with their response.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Thanks Xabia. Disappointed that none of the other ADAC users replied.
Kind regards
Lee

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I stopped using ADAC last year. They were always prompt courteous reliable
But we had a breakdown in the UK and AA were appalling
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if ADAC were doing everything possible to get out of an AA partnership

Lookaround

Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
I live in Ireland and have just got the renewal letter from ADAC in the post. This is the way they have done it for me for the past few years and then I pay by bank transfer. The letter translates loosely as 'shortly your new contribution year starts for your ADAC plus membership' and it then gives me the necessary bank codes etc.

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have just joined Adac plus, had it years ago, had a breakdown in the UK it it was dealt with quickly by the AA, then changing insurance breakdown was included however this years insurance does not cover so back to Adac plus.
Also not renewing our RAC as Adac plus covers you in any vehicle.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Renewed ADAC+ this morning English speaking (Michael) chap, no problems now done through bank transfer and cost not a lot using toggle phone credit .(3ppm)
Sorted for another year (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Joined ADAC yesterday. Great service from a lady called Astrid Deitz who spoke perfect English. Cost was 113 euros for first year, thereafter 109 euros. Well chuffed as this also covers our UK car and our Greek car as well as the motorhome and includes husband (he's prone to breaking down!) :giggler: :giggler:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Joined ADAC yesterday. Great service from a lady called Astrid Deitz who spoke perfect English. Cost was 113 euros for first year, thereafter 109 euros. Well chuffed as this also covers our UK car and our Greek car as well as the motorhome and includes husband (he's prone to breaking down!) :giggler: :giggler:
Astrid is based in ADAC offices not far from Regensburg (Straubing from memory) and, as you say, she is very helpful.(y) She worked in UK (London I think) for a few years hence her excellent English.(y)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
The previous owner of RH (German) told me ADAC won't recover anything over 3m tall, he relied on a M-B breakdown deal they have over there which was lumped in with the annual service. Does anyone know, definitely, if there is a height restriction with ADAC?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
They never asked me when they recovered my van in Spain,,,Cannot see it being true as many vans are over that height,,,BUSBY,,

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Based on the design and the facilities for the transport of persons, the vehicle may
not have more than 9 seats (including the driver's seat) and must not exceed a
total width of 2.55m, a total length of 10 m, a height of 3.00m, a maximum gross
weight of 3.5 t. The same applies to the attached trailer. All dimensions indicated
refer to the vehicle including load. The trailer shall not have more than one axle.
Axles with a distance of less than 1.00m from one another are considered one
axle. Cover shall also apply to mobile homes with a maximum height of 3.2m
including load and a maximum gross weight of 7.5 t. For mobile homes exceeding
the above maximum dimensions the following benefits shall be excluded: Off-road
recovery (§ 26), vehicle recovery (§ 30), pick-up service (§ 31) and if the car is a
total loss, transport from the place of the incident to the storage site (§ 33 No. 2).

3.2m for motorhomes

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They are still offering plus cover on their website in English.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
The previous owner of RH (German) told me ADAC won't recover anything over 3m tall, he relied on a M-B breakdown deal they have over there which was lumped in with the annual service. Does anyone know, definitely, if there is a height restriction with ADAC?
I phoned last year and was told by ADAC they could not cover over 3m as some of the recovery firms would refuse so even if you were accepted you could get stuck if a recovery truck declined.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back