ACSI Cards

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Myfanwy, May 6, 2013.

1. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Read Only Funster

We are on our last Aire before reaching Dieppe tomorrow and the ferry after spending six months in southern Spain and France.

I have used my ACSI card twice on the journey back, once in Spain and once in France.

Has anyone else experienced a dearer price charged than what is quoted in the book? Both the sites we have stayed on charged 16 Euro per night but on paying they both wanted another 1 Euro per night for Tax.

In the ACSI book it is supposed to include electricity and VAT.

I am going to e-mail ACSI and ask their advice but wondered if anyone else has come across the same practice. :Angry::Angry:

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

We were in Spain and Portugal in Feb/March used ACSI several times and price always as advertised.
    Perhaps you were unlucky .

3. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

This happens in the sites books in the UK that the clubs publish. Prices fluctuate especially in the Euro zone. Whats 1 euro between friends?
    Think of it as redressing the balance for the free aires you have used.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Tax charged is 'Taxe de Sejour' or tourist tax and is not VAT. Quite common for sites in France to do this, it is mentioned in the ACSI discount scheme conditions

• Tourist taxes, environmental taxes, waste disposal charges or any other local authority requirements. As these differ greatly by country and region, and because the campsite usually pays these charges directly to the local authorities these taxes are not included in the CampingCard rate.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Phill D

Phill D

as stated above its tourist tax which as i understand it depends on the region you are in as to if and how much:thumb:

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

yes i have paid 1E tax a few times as for emailing acsi lol dont bother i have emailed them regarding diff things a few times and no response

• Like Like x 1
  7. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

You may help others if you do a review on the ACSI campsites you visited and share your experiences here

Will not help you I know.

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  8. oldfozzie

oldfozzie Funster

Electricity can be extra

The ACSI charge includes only a specified amount of electricity, can't remember the exact amount, but it is in the T&Cs in the guide. If you use more you can be charged for it.
    The amount is quite reasonable, it equates roughly to a fully utilised 6 amp connection

9. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

As stated we have been charged extra and it had been explained that's its a tourist tax, mostly its only 22 cents each but on one occasion it was one euro, some regions charge more than other, some don't charge at all.
    Its 6 amp you are entitled to but its only once we have been charged extra for 10 amp where available we won't bother again, as long as you are careful that's all you need anyway.
    With no heating I can run my halogen oven and my microwave off that at the same time .

10. makems

makems Funster Life Member

In the last year we have used our ACSI card in Germany, Holland, France, Luxembourg and Spain.
    The only place we were charged extra (and it was for tourist tax) was at Den Haag in Holland.

11. goldenline

goldenline Funster

It is taxe de sejour normally charged per person and is set by the marie. That is the case in France not sure about Spain

12. SoapyTutti

SoapyTutti Read Only Funster

ACSI Card

Hi,

We are currently touring Europe and in France at present and very happy with the ACSI card so far the extra we have paid is the Tourist Tax which appears to fluctuate from region to region but overall very happy and as per quoted in the book.

Hope you had a great time!!!!:Smile::Smile: