About to buy

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Sallysausage, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Sallysausage

Sallysausage Read Only Funster

I am just about to buy a Peugeot impala autocruise on a r reg,50.000 miles,has anyone had or still own one of these and could give me any insight to how good or bad they are? I would be very grateful for any advice.

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Autocruse are nice vans and at that vintage well made with the factory close to where I am :thumb: Do all the usual checks and make sure everything works esp fridge boiler and heating because all of these are around £500 ish plus to replace ---check for any signs of Damp :Eeek: this is a major killer of M/Hs When you enter the van use your nose and look around for mold esp in rear ---If you can try and buy a damp meter- Cheap ones from Maplins etc around £10 :thumb: If you do get one then stick it everywhere -in cnrs around doors roof windows in cupboards and floor-- readings up to 15/18 are OK above that needs investigating anything around 30 :Eeek::Eeek:If you are unsure about the van don't be afraid to get /ask for help -or walk away there will always be another -If you do buy it remember ENJOY :thumb::BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 2
  3. cranky

cranky Funster

Hi Sally
    No idea about that particular model but make sure you do all the checks as per many posts on here and other forums. The main thing is dont be afraid to walk away if anything doesnt seem 100%. There are a lot of vans out there and its a buyers market. hope you find the right one for you!
    C

4. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

Check the plated weight and your driving license - most seem to be 3850kg on the Fiat Chassis (I assume the Peugeot will be similar but worth checking) so will need C1 on driving license to drive it.
    I would now check actual payload on any new to me van I buy as I have been caught out twice now - so try if possible to get it weighed in running order and check axle weights individually.

5. Sallysausage

Sallysausage Read Only Funster

Acceptable payload

What would suggest is an acceptable payload for a 25 ft 3.5 tn ?

6. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I doubt it has any with all on board if only 3500.
    As said you need to weigh it and if a four berth then with four people aboard.