A Site To Try Out

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Chilling Out' started by Barbara Hughes, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes Read Only Funster

Hi all just have a lovely weekend staying at Thornbrook Barn touring site situated a 10-15 min walk along a nice quiet road to Ingleton ,a quaint village In the the northern Yorkshire dales,with gift shops cafés and a pub with lovely beer garden ,about 6miles from kirby Lonsdale ..Ingleton has a wonderful waterfall route with beautiful falls on route.. the walk is about 4 miles however you can do other smaller routes too ....there is a lovely cafe at the start of the walk also another at the end serving lovely cakes etc it's £6 to do the full walk but it's breathtaking
    Opened just last year the site is really a site not to be missed if your looking for a quiet and peaceful stay ,the pitches are nice and flat but set on a gentle slope, as the weekend was rather windy, we parked in a bottom pitch which was really well sheltered .
    Toilets and shower rooms were immaculate to say the least, there was a fully enclosed excercise paddock where you could exercise your doggies, they even supplied bags to clean up after them,
    There is a place called Country Harvest at the Entrance of the site selling a selection of local produce bakery items , handy for suppliesgifts, and a restaurant .
    There was a dog friendly pub called the Marton Arms which was about 10 mins walk away where the food was very nice... pitches were a very good size hard standing with grass as well.... standard pitches were £18 and fully serviced were £22 .
    I actually booked this site by accident ringing the wrong number,and I'm quite pleased I did or I probably wouldn't have known it was there...try it out you won't be dissapointed photos to follow

• Like Like x 13
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

:dogthanks: Always good to get first hand information on sites.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

The food at Country Harvest is great, I ate there a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WillH

WillH Funster

Thanks for this site, looks really nice, my wife has already told me to make a note of it for August/September.
    Rgds
    Bil

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Hi Barbara, why do you have to pay £6 to go on the walk ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

We went last year very nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes Read Only Funster

Extortionate I know isn't it.. Suppose it's for the upkeep of paths etc keeping it made safe most likely and of course this is Great Britain we have to pay over the odds for everything

• Like Like x 1
  8. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Thanks Barbara, bookmarked site, maybe use September time.(y)