A question about head lights (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
We are off to France tomorrow for a week and I have a question about head lights, when we have driven over in a car before we have always bought the stickers to adjust the beam so you don’t dazzle oncoming vehicles,
We have an Italian Larka built on a Fiat Ducato for England with right hand drive so I assume we will need the same type of reflectors but are they different for Fiat Ducato vans
Thanks
John

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I bought a set of headlight protectors and they came with a set of stickers as standard. From memory as their not in front of me right now, they were larger than the standard car ones due to the size of the headlight. earlier models pre 2006 may well be different as the headlights are smaller

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
depends how new/old the van is.

recent models dont have a dip 'bias'
the dip is directly down, just like main beam is straight ahead...no left or right bias.

and if you do need them then insulation/gaffa tape will do the job just as well as expensive stickers...just needs a bit of playing to find the correct position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
depends how new/old the van is.

recent models dont have a dip 'bias'
the [HI]dip is directly down,[/HI] just like main beam is straight ahead...no left or right bias.

and if you do need them then insulation/gaffa tape will do the job just as well as expensive stickers...just needs a bit of playing to find the correct position.

Most vehicles that enjoy a vertical dip, only do so provided they have the Xenon lights fitted, which is often an option. (Pronounced ZENON)

I supply around 600 new vehicles each year for HMForces abroad. In almost all cases I have to fit european lights. Not many have Xenons in them.

As opposed to the sticky card that blocks the light from dipping to the left, "Go Outdoors" have started supplying beam benders like we had 30-40 years ago with the Lucas Clip On Amber Beam Benders.

But these ones are small about the size of the paper blockers, most impressive and still less than a fiver.....Griff

Go for these[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetwize-Headlight-Car-Deflectors-Driving/dp/B0019MMKN8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1337898947&sr=8-7"]These[/ame]

Not these[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Eurolite-Converters-Driving-Europe/dp/B001P5SPJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337898947&sr=8-1[/ame]
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back