A Not So Great Day Out in Lincolnshire... (2 Viewers)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well this is interesting...

It seems that East Lindsey District Council have been caught napping. You cannot put a restriction on parking (i.e. No Overnight Camping) if the parking order does not incorporate that restriction.

This might cause some consternation :Blush:

Broken Link Removed

and

Broken Link Removed

I wish he would just present the truth and stop twisting facts :Angry:

“Council Officers will review the wording on its signage to more accurately reflect the detail of the car parking order in place” does not mean "that in all East Lindsey District Council car parks vehicles can be occupied overnight.". It is the car parking order that is the relevant document and the ELDC chief exec's letter says nothing at all about changing the order.

He does us more harm than good by bending the truth to suit his own agenda :Angry:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Barrier illegally removed or not, it meant that we could spend a lovely couple of hours this afternoon watching the weather chop and change over the sea with a freshly brewed cup of coffee in hand.
Maybe if everyone treated the place (and the others who use it) with a little more respect then we wouldn't have been deprived of it in the first place.

[HI]Not sure how long Cliff Richard and his mates had been there on their "Summer Holiday" mind!!
[/HI]
Oh and before anyone mentions my "Port-Side" style parking, there was ample room today so we weren't depriving anyone else of a space....:thumb:

the barriers will soon be back up if that bloody bus is anything to go by........:Eeek:

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
the barriers will soon be back up if that bloody bus is anything to go by........:Eeek:
That's the irritating thing Mick and precisely what I meant by respecting others' use etc, etc.
I was H & S Manager on the Dredging Op until last week so I've been up and down the Terrace quite a bit during the day.
For two days running someone had actually got a touring caravan plotted up on there.
We're on a hiding to nothing whilst people carry on like that I'm afraid...:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That's the irritating thing Mick and precisely what I meant by respecting others' use etc, etc.
I was H & S Manager on the Dredging Op until last week so I've been up and down the Terrace quite a bit during the day.
[HI]For two days running someone had actually got a touring caravan plotted up on there.[/HI]
We're on a hiding to nothing whilst people carry on like that I'm afraid...:Angry:

And people wonder why restrictions are put in place :Doh::Sad:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Our local Forestry commission car parks which I use for dog walking (note not dogging) have a barrier which is unlocked at 8am and locked at 8pm. Horse boxes and motorhomes can use them and do, but no one stays overnight. There is pay and display parking or an annual pass which is what I have. No marked bays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back