May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
Greetings all.

Over the past few months the drivers seat (lh drive) has had an annoying scretch when it swivels in the habitation mode. Despite applying oil, WD40 and silicone spray the noise persisted. A couple of weeks ago there was a new development when the locking lever became very floppy but did its job eventually after some wiggling (a bit like an old gearbox). I firckled around last week and found a stray mate bolt wedged in the swivel bit. I had decided that a replacement seat mount was required so I set about today taking the seat out. Swinging it round I saw 2 robust looking cables (about 4 mm and black) that disappeared into the right base of the seat then down to a connector block on the seat base. Luckily I found the issue with the seat swivel and found where the bolt I found some days ago went.
Question is. What are the 2 black cables for? No photos I am afraid.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Sorry to highjack your thread.
The passenger swivel seat in our A class rocks ever so slightly. I tightened up the 4 x big star bolts on the frame to no avail.
Any ideas?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The passenger swivel seat in our A class rocks ever so slightly. I tightened up the 4 x big star bolts on the frame to no avail.
Any ideas?
Yes, it does. I think the large bearing in the swivel has been designed to take crash loads. But to prevent it binding, it's got a bit of play.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Greetings all.

Over the past few months the drivers seat (lh drive) has had an annoying scretch when it swivels in the habitation mode. Despite applying oil, WD40 and silicone spray the noise persisted. A couple of weeks ago there was a new development when the locking lever became very floppy but did its job eventually after some wiggling (a bit like an old gearbox). I firckled around last week and found a stray mate bolt wedged in the swivel bit. I had decided that a replacement seat mount was required so I set about today taking the seat out. Swinging it round I saw 2 robust looking cables (about 4 mm and black) that disappeared into the right base of the seat then down to a connector block on the seat base. Luckily I found the issue with the seat swivel and found where the bolt I found some days ago went.
Heated seats?

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
Greetings all.

Seat belt pre-tensioner.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Any ideas?
The central bolt for the swivel can be tightened. It might have worn/ loosened a bit through use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back