5th wheelers on ferry

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by degzy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. degzy

degzy Read Only Funster

Hi I am trying to book a ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in October with Brittany Ferries.
    Tried online giving my total rig length (using the car/caravan combos) 12m & height 3.2m the total price for 2 people 1 dog & large cabin = £495
    Before booking I rang Brittany for a quote....£585!! Was told I couldn't book on line because it's a fifth wheel.
    Hope somebody on here has experience of ferry bookings & can offer some advice.
    Many thanks Derek

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

i dont think it was P&O you rang as they dont do the Santander crossing nor the Bilbao either only Brittany ferries do them now.When booking online you need to have the total outfit length truck and 5ver when hitched then in the boxes tick vehicle and caravan then devide the total length accordingly and put the smaller length in for the truck with its height and the longer one for the 5ver, not forgetting the height (tip- keep the van length under 8mtrs as over that you pay extra per mtr). plain sailing as they say have done it many times with our 5ver although these days i do the shorter crossing as i find Brittany ott on prices by the time they are all added up.

3. degzy

degzy Read Only Funster

Thanks Chatter, quite right it was Brittany:Blush:. Taken your advise & now booked:thumb: