3's like at home plan

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by campa cola, Oct 22, 2013.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Not seen it mentioned here but 3 have a free''like at home' roaming plan for abroad for both calls and data & texts. Its limited to a few European countries at the moment. But basically you can phone home & have roaming data charged to your Uk bill at Uk rates and use the calls & data as part of your UK call plan ! So if like me you have unlimited Internet on your contract you have free unlimited internet in Italy & Austria. May be useful for some people?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Yes it has been mentioned before but worth repeating if folk are contemplating a change of provider, very useful for me in Scandinavia! :thumb:

3. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Possibly the cheapest option if you visit those specific countries regularly?
    I noticed the phone cant be 'tethered'for data on this plan, I have not tried using the phone as a wifi connection to my lappy but am thinking 'tethered' means a physical or wireless connection of a computer. .? :(

4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

That's right and I don't pay for tethering anyway as it was an extra £2 a month, a bit much for a pensioner, :Blush: so no loss for me. :Smile:

5. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Three

Hi

The new deal was launched at the end of August - perfect as we were in Italy the week after! I say re-launched as it was out seven years ago but then withdrawn.

We have THREE for the phone and internet via MiFi - all was well in Italy although the internet was slower than the Italian provider - no idea why!

Russell

6. campa cola

campa cola Funster

just watch out near borders - I had a refund from 3 when they charged me for data download in Austria because I was still connected to a german cell. I was well in past the border but they need to sort this aspect out if you are crossing or near borders:Eeek:

7. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Three

I have used it in Italy and Ireland so far.

Russell

8. buttons

buttons Funster

I see that Australia and the USA have been added to the list of free countries.:thumb:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014