3D printing service for Starlink flat mount (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Any Funsters printed a case for Starlink flat mount yet or can offer the service?

I know nothing about eD printing but there are plans/plots/specs freely available from others who have already done it.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I have just started 3d printing, but as above PaulandChrissy hav been doing stuff for years and are probably your best bet !

Apologies to others who are also just as competent...!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Any Funsters printed a case for Starlink flat mount yet or can offer the service?

I know nothing about eD printing but there are plans/plots/specs freely available from others who have already done it.

Have you done the surgery on the rear to remove the motors yet?

Everlanders on YouTube has published his files for 3D printing on his website I believe. I think I will ask Paul PaulandChrissy to do one for me too. 👍🏻

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Carpmart

Can you do me a favour please? Stop coming up with ideas on how to make this motorhome lark so much better. I've only just got my starlink and now your talking about cutting the bloody thing up !! ::bigsmile:

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Carpmart

Can you do me a favour please? Stop coming up with ideas on how to make this motorhome lark so much better. I've only just got my starlink and now your talking about cutting the bloody thing up !! ::bigsmile:

Dremel and a couple of YouTube videos and hey presto! What could possibly go wrong? 🤦‍♂️

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

Have you got a link to the plans you’re referring to so I can have a look at them.
😊 PaulandChrissy

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I’ve just found the Everlanders designs on you tube. This is a big print in 6 pieces that have to be glued together. It looks to be about 100 hours printing. That’s nearly a week of printing, one section per day assuming no failed prints. I would need to confirm that. You would then need to assemble it and add the angle brackets etc. it won’t be cheap to print. Will come back to you.
PaulandChrissy.

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Have you done the surgery on the rear to remove the motors yet?

Everlanders on YouTube has published his files for 3D printing on his website I believe. I think I will ask Paul PaulandChrissy to do one for me too. 👍🏻
No not yet, package en route for delivery this week.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Just sliced all the parts up in Prusa Slicer to make sure it all fits on my larger printer, and it does, 👍. You would have to do all the assembly yourself, but to print all six items in 6 perimeter wall thickness and 20% rectilinear infill as recommended by the designer, would cost about £150 to print. I’m sure there are cheaper ways to do this. Maybe not in such a stylish way, but probably just as secure. It’s not really going to be seen on the roof and making it look this perfect may be over the top. If anyone really wants to spend that amount, I’m more than happy to do it, but it will definitely take nearly a week to print each order. Let Me know what you think.
Cheers PaulandChrissy

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Just sliced all the parts up in Prusa Slicer to make sure it all fits on my larger printer, and it does, 👍. You would have to do all the assembly yourself, but to print all six items in 6 perimeter wall thickness and 20% rectilinear infill as recommended by the designer, would cost about £150 to print. I’m sure there are cheaper ways to do this. Maybe not in such a stylish way, but probably just as secure. It’s not really going to be seen on the roof and making it look this perfect may be over the top. If anyone really wants to spend that amount, I’m more than happy to do it, but it will definitely take nearly a week to print each order. Let Me know what you think.
Cheers PaulandChrissy
Carpmart Having been through some trials and massive failures of 3D printing, and understanding the process a bit more, I think that's a good price !

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Big prints like this can be quite challenging and time consuming. They can be a labour of love sometimes.
Anyone that wants this holder must understand that there is obviously going to be some self assembly and construction on their part. Watching the you tube video about it is a must to appreciate what’s involved.
PaulandChrissy. 👍

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

PaulandChrissy - Paul, could you print something like this for me? I can’t find the files for it, but then I could be looking in entirely the wrong places… 🤷‍♂️

It’s a mount for the Starlink router so I can get it out of the cupboard and improve range etc.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Full 3d printing for this isnt the best idea..things can go wrong it's costly and it can turn out not the best.
There must be better /cheaper ways...like printing brackets that silka and allow.sliding in and out or whatever.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Full 3d printing for this isnt the best idea..things can go wrong it's costly and it can turn out not the best.
There must be better /cheaper ways...like printing brackets that silka and allow.sliding in and out or whatever.

I get your point, but if you flat mount a standard panel, you will have cut open the back case on the Starlink antenna to disable and remove the motors. Being a weatherproof and sealed mount at this point is then imperative really, hence why this kind of mount, in this scenario is probably the favoured approach.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Jezz printed mine for £25.00 in ASA 1kg reel in white.

Used ASA because it has….

• High-temperature resistance
  • UV-resistant
  • Weatherproof
  • Very good mechanical properties
Would I print another one, no to time consuming and a few failed prints.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

• UV-resistant
  • Weatherproof
Jezz is obviously doing it for nothing as a friend. Grab it with both hands if he’s willing to do that for others as well. 👍

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

PaulandChrissy - Paul, could you print something like this for me? I can’t find the files for it, but then I could be looking in entirely the wrong places… 🤷‍♂️

It’s a mount for the Starlink router so I can get it out of the cupboard and improve range etc.
Is this the right one. Link below.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

• UV-resistant
  • Weatherproof
ASA is undeniably the best material for external use, but it’s a nightmare for warping when printing, especially with large items. I’ve made a 4G antenna mount that’s been on my van roof for 2 years now in white PETG and it’s still fine. If printed in white, it doesn’t get hot in full sun unlike black. Much easier to print with a much lower print failure rate. 👍

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Is this the right one. Link below.
That's for the internal WiFi router, not the external panel?

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
That looks like a really nice solution. If you are going to spend some serious money, then that looks like a better option. Looks like everything is included in the kit. Just put it together. Good protection against hailstones which can be handy. We had hailstones the size of gobstoppers this winter in Spain. Scared the hell out of us.

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
They also do mounts for the router and even offer a dish cutting option using a cnc machine. Netherlands based.
if they had them in stock, then it would be an easy option to collect on a motorhome trip via Harwich .... especially if they mod the dish aswell ...

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
ASA is undeniably the best material for external use, but it’s a nightmare for warping when printing, especially with large items. I’ve made a 4G antenna mount that’s been on my van roof for 2 years now in white PETG and it’s still fine. If printed in white, it doesn’t get hot in full sun unlike black. Much easier to print with a much lower print failure rate. 👍
Yeh tell me, it’s a pain in the ass and everything has to be perfect, bed level, heat filament feed and the list goes on and on.

It took ages but I’ll not do another one to be honest would rather buy a ready made one and the best ones come from the states but cost a packet.

My Ender Pro 5 has had a battering and wished I had a bigger print area.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Yeh tell me, it’s a pain in the ass and everything has to be perfect, bed level, heat filament feed and the list goes on and on.

It took ages but I’ll not do another one to be honest would rather buy a ready made one and the best ones come from the states but cost a packet.

My Ender Pro 5 has had a battering and wished I had a bigger print area.
I’ve ordered a Prusa XL but it takes ages to come. 360x360x360. Very excited, but just got to be patient. Probably won’t come to the end of the year. Big prints are always a nightmare, but I’m hoping the XL with the option to use 0.6 and 0.8 nozzles will make things much quicker.
Stay Safe PaulandChrissy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back