3 dongle

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by Munchie, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Anyone else havng problems this morning? Mine keeps dropping out and sometimes won't connect. It's not the dongle as my phone is the same. :Angry:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

My dongle kept dropping out as well but managed to put it away before anyone noticed, hee hee:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

I had it the other day here on a particulatly bad weather day.Put it down to insufficient bandwidth on the system to cope with the traffic load.

May be atmospheric conditions as well as it wasn't showing the normal 5 bars on the signal strength level.

4. American Dream

Sorry to hear that Roger....You COULD get arrested for that.:Rofl1:

Or get a nickname "The Phantom Dongle-Dangler of Devon":Eeek:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

No problems on 3 today..

Jim
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

I operate the internet on a 3 dongle about 14 or more hours a day from inside my RV and have been having some problems of late. I had it 'blue-tacked' it to the top of the monitor so that I could see what was happening to the 'tell-tale' lamp on the body of the dongle.

The I began to realise that I was having more problems during the hours of darkness than in daylight - which soon led to the discovery that the thermal roller-blinds (we have in the RV) were blocking the signal.

So i bought a slightly longer lead and cellotaped the back of the dongle to the inside of the nearest window to my computer desk - and the difference in signal strength was an increase of at least two strength bars.

I then tried hanging it out of the window but it didn't have any beneficial effect on the reception - no matter where I positioned it, I still only got as good a reception as when it was taped to the inside of the window - and it was very, very cold and wet when I brought it in!

So, as far as I am concerned - the best position for my dongle is firmly and fairly fixed flat against the glass of the window.

7. American Dream

We had ours on 3 x 3metre usb extension cables :Rofl1: running outside the roller shutter door of the unit as the door shielded the signal badly.

I put the dongle in a plastic case that Memory modules come in and taped it up to keep the weather from it.

It worked a dream.:BigGrin: