240 volt sockets not working

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by dewaltman, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dewaltman

dewaltman

any help would be appreciatted.......... plugged mains into van today and found that sockets were not working although both fridge and electric heater are working ok the sockets were working all winter as i had a small oil filled radiator plugged in until 3 weeks ago , I'm not technically minded but i did plug my reverse polarity meter into a socket and it showed that there was no neutral before i take it to dealers any recommendations as to what i should be looking for or possible causes i have checked trip switch and that is in the on position thanks

2. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    Sorry I don't know anything about Eurovans------but I can only suggest you look around for trip switches/breakers/fuses etc------the whole system will be protected in 'areas'
    Good luck
    Nigel

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if you have no neutral theres only one thing to do.....investigate !

start at the easy bit....while on hookup, check all the breakers are on, turn each one off in turn then back on again....push them all the way down then back up again.

if that has no effect....

REMOVE HOOKUP LEAD and, if you have an inverter, turn it off !!!!!!
    as long as the lead is disconnected you are perfectly safe.

find your fuse box and remove the cover.
    check all the blue wires for tightness and security.
    in fact, check them all while you're in there...brown & blue and green/yellow.
    if any were loose, tighten them, replace the cover then, and only then, turn the power back on and check the sockets again

if all were already tight then replace the cover and move on to the sockets.

REMOVE THE HOOKUP LEAD AGAIN,
    then remove one socket at a time and again check the blue wires as above.

if all are tight you need an electrician to have a look as it may be a faulty breaker/broken wire.