Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
The 240 socket on the sink side of our AT Comanche appears to not be working but the one by the entrance door is. They was both working till this afternoon. Is there any other fuses etc apart from the trip ones in the cupboard where all the charger etc is . Cheers

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
were you doing any work on the van when you noticed the socket had gone off? I wouldn't have thought that the 240v sockets are on more than one circuit but of course they me be, so start with the basics and test the same appliance in each socket, then if it works in one and not the other then its a socket or circuit issue, so start from the fuse box/circuit breaker - just make sure the working 240v isn't supplied by a 12v inverter

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We are out in it . The kettle was working on that plug but not now, it still works on the plug by the entrance door ok. The trip switches on the board have not tripped. That’s why I wondered if they had hid another fuse somewhere.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Agree with DaveandJen.
Most probable cause of failure.
If those are secure check other sockets as well, it may be the previous socket in the circuit feeding that one may be loose but that socket still working.
Terminal screws can loosen with time. especially if not tightened correctly to begin with.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Thanks for advice. I undid the cover to have a look expecting it to look like a socket at home with easy access to the wire. Wrong it’s a jumble of wires out of sight in a plastic cover thing. Way above my pay grade if we cannot find anybody who knows about it will probably head home. Cheers.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Take a photo and post it on here. I'll be surprised if its as complicated as you think it might be. Get a local electrician to look at it? It might be that someone at some time has added an additional socket and spurred into it. If youre near clacton i will take a look for you tomorrow if thats convenient?

Ps some sockets have push in clip type connections as opposed to screw down terminals. The clip type might have worked loose

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have a look round for any connector plugs. A well-known dealer spent 3 days looking at my Swift for a similar problem before discovering a connector under one of the seats had come loose. At least they were embarrased enough not to charge me for 3 days work.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Have a look round for any connector plugs. A well-known dealer spent 3 days looking at my Swift for a similar problem before discovering a connector under one of the seats had come loose. At least they were embarrased enough not to charge me for 3 days work.
You win the prize . Haha. You’re right that’s what it was. We paid for a mobile caravan bloke to come out and it was a connector block. I admit I am no technical wizard. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
You win the prize . Haha. You’re right that’s what it was. We paid for a mobile caravan bloke to come out and it was a connector block. I admit I am no technical wizard. Cheers
Thanks for taking the time to post the outcome of your problem and by doing so it helps fellow members who may experience the same problem in the future.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back